Special Chapter

Começar do início

"Of course, we finished the mission well and yes no one is injured enough to have their limbs cut off though Haruchiyo and the Haitani brothers have minor injuries because of their stupidity."

"Hmm... so the usual?"

"Yeah."

 "So, back to my question hubby, why does Emma think of me as her mommy?" Den asked using the endearment that her husband really loved to hear. She then dusted off the flour in her hands to her apron. "What did you say to our child?" 

As if being transported back in time, Manjiro then started to remember those fond memories. "I think it all started about years ago..."

-----

The aroma of freshly baked goods filled the air as Manjiro Sano, also known as Mikey, found himself drawn to a quaint little cafe named "La Douceur." It was an unassuming establishment, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo's crowded streets. Mikey, the formidable leader of the Bonten organization, had decided to take a break from the pressures of his role, seeking solace in the comforting scent of pastries and coffee.

As he stepped into the cosy space, his senses were immediately overwhelmed by the inviting aroma. The cafe was empty, a rarity in the heart of the city. Mikey took a moment to survey the surroundings, contemplating whether he should ring the bell on the counter to announce his presence or not.

However, before he could decide, a soft thud echoed from the veranda. Mikey's attention shifted toward the source of the sound, and he discovered a woman on the ground, rubbing her aching back. Intrigued, he approached, unsure of what he would find.

The woman seemed oblivious to his presence as she continued to nurse her discomfort. Mikey cleared his throat, and her head snapped up in surprise.

"Oh? A customer!?"

She greeted him with genuine shock and happiness, her eyes gleaming as if she had just won the lottery. Mikey couldn't help but be amused by her infectious enthusiasm. Her brown eyes, as they met his onyx ones, held a mixture of surprise and a touch of embarrassment, yet there was something more—an openness that felt like an invitation.

 "Uh, y-yeah. I guess so..." Manjiro replied quite embarrassed as he could not help but stare at the woman.

Her eyes widened, and she leapt to her feet, dusting off her apron.