Chapter 21: Walkie-Talkie

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After a long, tiring day all Aarav can think of is lying in bed and having a long call with his rooh. The only woman who has the power to soothe all his wounds. The only woman who can help him feel refreshed by just her voice. Walking into his home, he presses a kiss on his mother's cheek and rushes up the stairs. His hand reaches for the door of his room and just as he's about to open it a set of tiny hands land on the pocket of his pants and another on the strap of his laptop bag.

"CHACHU!!"

"STOP!!"

The high-pitched voices hit his ear and he feels a strong tug making him lose his balance. One moment he's standing outside his door about to walk in and the next he's landed face-first on the ground. "Oopsie." 

Aarav looks up at his little troublemakers as they sheepishly smile at him. "Meeshu, Vihu?"
"Yes, chachu?"
Aarav rolls his eyes at the innocence of Meesha's voice, as if she and her brother didn't just push him to the ground. Sighing he sits up and crosses his legs. 

"What's going on?"
Vihaan and Meesha peek at each other before raising their eyebrows, then look at Aarav and then back at each other. Aarav watches them raise their brows again, before squinting their eyes at each other and then nodding. 

They seem to be having an entire conversation and before Aarav can register anything he feels the soft weight of his nephew on his lap and the quick hands of his niece snatch his phone from his grip. Not even a second passes and he feels Vihaan scurry off behind his racing sister down the hall to their room.

"Catch us if you can, chachu!"

Aarav watches the twins run down the hall, his phone in Meesha's hand and a walkie-talkie in Vihaan's hand. Confused about the walkie-talkie, he sighs before running after them.

"Just wait till I get my hands on you!"

By the time he gets to their room, they're nowhere in sight. The only thing he can hear is soft whispers and giggles. Following the sound, he reaches the walk-in wardrobe. He decides to not go in and just listen to them. A beep echoes in the wardrobe followed by Vihaan's whisper.

"We have the target in our room. You can keep doing your thing. Over and out."

The target? I'm their target!

Another beep echoes, followed by a muffled voice coming through from the walkie-talkie. He can't hear it, but he knows there is something being plotted against him.

"He's soooo not ready!" Meesha giggles and Vihaan shushes her.

Looking around the room, he finds two nerf guns lying on Meesha's bed. Picking them up, he tip-toes towards the wardrobe again and presses his back against the wall. Peeking in, he sees the two crouching towards each other, not noticing him. Seeing that as his chance, he steps in and points them at the twins. 

"Hands up!" 

His voice causes the two to squeal and turn towards him. 

"I said hands up!" 

The two throw their hands up and stand rooted in their place. 

Smiling at the two, Aarav takes a step back. "Now do as I say." 

Looking at Meesha, he whispers, "And no cheeky business." 

The twins nod their heads and follow his instructions. Soon they're sitting on Vihaan's bed and Aarav is sitting on Meesha's. "What's going on?"
"Nothing!"
"Nothing!"
Aarav squints his eyes, "Really?"
"Yes!"

"Yes!"

Aarav points the guns up and fires a Nerf bullet up, "Tell me the truth!"
Meesha squeals, "Nothing is going on! Maasi is at Naani mumma's house and no one used the oven today and there are no flowers and twinkle lights at home today. Okay?"
Aarav laughs at his niece and Vihaan slaps his palm onto his forehead.

"I believe you, my princess." 

Leaving a kiss on both their forehead, he stands up and is about to leave. His back facing them as he hears a beep. "THE TARGET IS TRYING TO ESCAPE! CODE RED!"

Turning around, he looks at the two. "What's code red?"
The twins laugh before rushing in his direction. "TICKLE ATTACK!" 

Aarav has less than a second to register the words before he finds himself on the floor with two little monsters who find his weak spots and begin executing their "code red.". The room echoes with giggles as the person with the other walkie-talkie scurries around to finish off the last finishing touches.

SOOOO.....

HOW WAS IT? 

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT ONE?
ANDDDD HAVE YOU SEEN THE REEL I POSTED ON IG? (if you have, do not reveal it here!)

I love you guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and see you in the next one!