all the little things that you do/ ¹²

Start from the beginning

Helena smiled sadly at her, getting rid of the hold in her hand, she took off the white sweater she had on, folding it with much care, she put it on her lap, "This is yours." She whispered gazing at her a small tear escaping.

"I hope you recover well soon, Hazel." Her voice shaking while saying her name, she turned around, crossing the for to exit.

Hazel felt that getting another kick was better, than living through this moment, "Helena, wait, don't leave... please." She said begging, trying to sit up in her bed, groaning.

Helena stood with her hand on the door's handle, her back towards Hazel, "Why do you want me to stay?" She uttered in a small voice, Hazel almost didn't hear her, but she did.

Hazel's heart started to beat fast, the stitching in her cheek making her grimace, "Because I... I love you." She blurted out, her breath coming out fast, like trying to let air into her lungs, eyes widening when she realized the words she practically vomited, fists tightening on the sheets covering her body.

Helena let out a pained sob, opening the door quickly and closing it aggressively, not looking back at her, not even once.

The door sound resonated through the walls as Hazel felt like they were closing in on her, it hurt even crying because of her bruises, she let her body drop to the bed, small sobs leaving her mouth.

"Helena." A broken whisper left her lips.

_______________

3rd POV

As the fight club disbanded, the girls found comfort in each other by doing various movie marathons while visiting Hazel who was recovering, everyone was at her house for a David Fincher marathon, except for PJ, Josie... and Helena.

The last one was avoiding anything related to Hazel so any plan that involved her she wasn't going, which meant she wasn't going to any plans.

Hazel was lying down in the middle of her couch while her mother helped her get comfortable and holding a piece of ice to her cheek, Isabel who was sitting in the front while 'the fight club' played on the TV screen kept giving her looks once in a while.

When they stopped for a break and almost all the girls stood up to go the bathroom, Isabel took advantage of the moment to sit next to Hazel's face who was barely holding the ice pack to her cheek, the girl couldn't move that much but she knew what Isabel was going to tell her, and she was dreading it.

"I know you want to know how she's doing..." Isabel said in a soft tone, observing Hazel's reaction, who tightened her hand that was hanging in the air.

"She's okay, as well as she can be I guess. Listen, Hazel, my friend she has the sweetest and most innocent perception of what love means, and I think that's why she keeps getting hurt by it." Isabel with a far-off look, Hazel only tried to move onto the couch.

"When you got knocked out... I think I have never seen her react the way she did for anyone, ever, it was kind of scary seeing her so... broken and desperate, she stayed at the hospital the two days you were out, and we had to force her to leave you alone, to at least to eat something; she said she was scared that you will wake up and see no one waiting for you in the hospital..." Isabel looked down, trying to decipher Hazel's reaction through her beat-up face.

"So, please, don't use my friend's love for you against her, if you truly have loved her for eleven years, then act like it." Isabel said standing up in front of her, observing as a small tear dropped down Hazel's closed eye, she nodded slowly trying to assimilate her speech with all the painkiller she had in her system.

Isabel only gave her a small pat on the hand that was holding the ice pack and sat down in her place when she was the girl's and Brittany came back from the bathroom, the last one raising an eyebrow to her friend.

Hazel didn't know what she was going to do for Helena to forgive her but if there was something that she was sure, it was that she loved Helena and that she would kill to get her back.

___________________ ✩
Please like and comment, almost 5K reads!!? Thank you so much!

I'm starting to hate writing angsty shit, like this is my least favorite chapter...

I SWEAR HAZEL AND HELENA WOULD BE ALRIGHT OK?

There's one chapter (the longest so far) left and I'm sad :(

me writing this chapter:

- Eve

- Eve