4. Stitches

Rue's POV

I nervously made my way to her bathroom a bit shaken up by her sudden change in her tone of voice. This whole experience was just crazy. When I saw her running down the street clutching the side of her stomach a million thoughts ran through my head.

I would've never got to experience this if I was with any other my friends or family and I was kind of excited.

I looked through a cabinet in her bathroom finally finding the alcohol, needle and thread. I also picked up a clean looking towel and put it under the sink for a little wetting it before I made my way back in a rush. I set everything on the coffee table as I turned my back to look at Marlow who was sitting with just her sports bra and pants which were getting bloody.

She opened her eyes slowly, "Okay..fuck..give me the stuff." She held out a shaky hand. I raised my eyebrow. "How are you gonna do this yourself in your condition?"

Marlow scoffed as she said, "I've dealt with worse by myself and I'm still here aren't I?" My eyes unconsciously widened, she's dealt with worse than this? I then saw more faded scars on her stomach so I guess this makes sense.

"I still think it's safer if I do it, I know a thing or two about caring for wounds." I shrugged picking up the towel I brought. "I mean Doc McStuffins was basically my childhood." I chuckled a little trying to lighten up the mood a little.

And Marlow actually smiled. Fuck, that is beautiful. "Doc McStuffins? Seriously?" She chuckled causing my smile to widen until it was replaced with a groan.

"Oh shit yeah. We should do something about that now, lay down." I said honestly forgetting she was even hurt for a little. I guided her shoulders down so she was laying on the couch now. I kneeled beside her with the wet towel beginning to clean up some of the blood on her stomach.

Marlow groaned a few times in the middle. I unconsciously bit my lip at the noises. I could see the cut more clearly and it looked pretty bad, defintely deep enough to need stitches. Whoever did this got her good.

I also could now see her abs. Her body was pale and cold and I just couldn't keep my eyes off of it. I got taken back into reality when I heard a loud groan from Marlow and I realized I was pushing down on her wound.

"Fuck- Sorry!" I chuckled nervously as I set the towel down, grabbing the alcohol. "I think you'll need something to bite on for this." I looked around, and spotting a belt quickly going to grab it.

"Will this be okay?" I said showing her the belt, she nodded and I put the belt between her teeth.

I kneeled back down opening the bottle of alcohol, "Okay Marlow....3..2-" I accidently poured it without finishing the countdown and I watched as Marlow clenched her fists and her back arched slightly. Her groans were muffled but were still loud. Something about all this made an unfamiliar feeling in my stomach and...lower area.

Damn..this must really hurt. I thought to myself as I set the alcohol back on the table and grabbed the needle and thread. I used to watch a few doctor shows before so I kinda know what I'm doing..?

"I'm going to start now.." I said very softly, wondering if Marlow could even hear me. When she nodded I knew she did and I started the very long process.

Some Time Later

I came back to the living room after cleaning the blood off myself and sat next to Marlow. "You'll have a pretty sick scar to add onto the collection." I chuckled softly as I looked at the poorly done stitches.

Marlow only replied with a small 'mhm' and sighed softly. We were sat in an uncomfortable silence for awhile and I saw her hands clenched tightly in a fist at the sides of her. I clearly saw she was still furious about this whole thing.

"I think this is the most exciting thing that's happened to me my whole life. Maybe I should be hanging out with you more." I said trying to lighten the mood, which clearly failed when Marlow scoffed and suddenly stood up towering over me.

I looked at her in confusion before she started talking. "Don't you see that I could've fucking died!?" She raised her voice pointing to her wound. My mouth opened up to speak before I was quickly interrupted. "And you see this as fucking exciting? You have no idea what the fuck I go through everyday and your acting like this is a damn movie!"

"Marlow I-" I tried talking but was interrupted once again. "No, stop fucking talking. I don't know why for a second I thought I could be cool with someone like you. We live two very fucking different lives and you have your daddy that'll do anything for you making sure no harm comes your way." I heard her voice break a little and I have no idea where the fuck this is all coming from.

I made one joke and I'm getting treated like a kid getting a hard lecture from their parents. Then Marlow started again. "Then you have your stupid fucking perfect life because nothing ever happens to you! And-" I stopped her from talking when I suddenly stood up making her tumble back a little. Perfect?

Something about that set something off in me pulling up memories buried deep that I wanted so desperately to forget. Of her. My eyebrows furrowed as I started talking in her same tone. "You don't fucking know anything about me either! So don't go assuming my life is just perfect."

Unwanted tears started growing in my eyes as I quickly wiped them away. Marlow's expression changed for a second to more of guilt before she turned her back away. "Just go okay? You're not making things any better." Her tone was more softer.

I immediately got my bags rushing out the front door without looking at her again. How the fuck did things change this fast? We went from joking to auguring in a pretty short amount of time. I got in my car and I couldn't stop myself from breaking down remembering so much things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!! Soon you'll see both of their pasts so keep reading <3