2. A Dangerous Ride

Marlow's POV

"Juless!" I said running to really my only friend here. Sure there are other people I talk to but they only use me for drugs. I wrapped my arms around her giving her a hug from the back.

"Hey Mar, just the person I wanted to see." She said turning to face me as I let her go from the hug. "You just got out of history right?"

I nodded leaning against some lockers. "Yup, and you won't believe who I just got partnered up with."

"Who? Wait lemme guess!" She exclaimed sounding overly excited. "Was it..Hazel?" I rolled my eyes, "Now that would be hell." Hazel was my ex and apparently she was just trying out new stuff when I found out she had a boyfriend the whole time we were together.

"Hm..who could it be" Julie said putting her hand up to her chin. "Rue?"

"Bingo!" I said holding my hand up for a high five. "Damn, good luck girl." She said slapping her hand on mine.

"Who'd you get?" I said as we started walking down the hallway. "Chloe. She's not too bad." She replied.

"That's the quiet girl right, we'll you got lucky."Julie responded with a nod just as the bell rung. "I'll see you in Chem." I said waving her off.

Rue's POV

School was finally over and now I had to prepare to go over Marlow's house, which I'm not excited for at all. I walked in my house as my mom greeted me. "Hey Sweetie, how was school?"

"Boring I guess, nothing new." I said as I started walking up the stairs, not wanting to tell her about Marlow. She would defintely not approve. "Oh mom, I'm going over to Hazel's house later for a project."

"Okay! Just let me know when you'll be back." I nodded continuing up 3 flights up stairs to finally reach my room. I immediately hopped on my bed pulling out my phone deciding to text my bestfriend, Hazel.

Me: Hazelll~ I'm bored and I have to go over Marlow's house :/

After about 10 minutes she finally replied.

Hazel<3: Ew. I'll pray for you.

Me: She's that bad? I don't talk to her much.

Hazel<3: Yes! Complete asshole.

Me: Well I don't know where this is coming from but ima go get ready, see you later <3

Hazel<3: Byeee!

I got off my phone a bit confused on Hazels hatred towards Marlow then went to the bathroom, turning on the shower. But of course I had to spent about 15 minutes admiring myself in the mirror before I got in. After another about 25-30 minutes I was out and sat on the bed with my towel.

I picked up my phone and went to Marlow's contact.

Me: Marlow, It's Rue. Am I still coming over your house?

I got a reply quick which I wasn't expecting.

Marlow: Oh? Is the mayors daughter sliding in my dm's!?

Me: I'm gonna block your number..

Marlow: Okay okay, yeah you can come over.

She sent a link with her address.

Me: K, see you in a few.

I got up from my bed and started getting ready. After about 30 minutes I was ready, I just put on a tan crewneck and some jeans with light makeup. I exited my room, making my way downstairs. I waved goodbye to my dad and left the house getting in my car.