#2 | BOILING POT

Warning: °•-Violence and mature themes ahead! Read's discretion is advised.-•°

- Norway, Lance's Safehouse.
Monday, 9pm.

Andy sat on one of the seven barstools that leaned on the wall. They were the only furniture in the safehouse asides the bar table and a more than half empty shelf, the place being practically empty.

"You were moving out?" Raftar asked, dragging two stools up in front of the table, one for himself and the other for Lance.

"Mm." Lance nodded. "The Commander found out about this place." He replied, leaning beside the door frame. Raftar shook his head at that, Lance was standing watch at the door, not "casually leaning by it".

"Well, what are you gonna do with the kid?" Raftar asked, his eyes wandering between Lance and the boy clad in nothing but an oversized button up.

"Give it to me straight." Lance sighed.

Raftar rolled his eyes. Lance had a knack for seeing right through a person's tact.
"Why did you save him?"

"I don't really know. I just felt like it. He's a brave kid too." A genuine smile broke out on his face causing Raftar to do a double take.

"You know...no one really knows your past, except The Commander. Does the kid remind you of it?"

"In some ways..." Lance tilted his head a bit, watching the boy trying to ignore their conversation even though it was about him. "But he's quite my opposite."

"As vague as ever. Which orphanage do you wanna send him to, if you're not gonna do as The Commander ordered, per usual?" Raftar saw Andy as a time bomb as he was a witness.

"I'll keep him actually." Lance replied without batting an eye.

Silence ensued, leaving eyes to do the talking. Wide eyes, glances and stares.

"Oh. You wanna train him and make him a resident headache to The Ashen like yourself... Nice." Raftar bawled out sarcastically.

"No, I'll make sure he never sees the gates of The Ashen but I'll train him. I can't afford to keep a weakling under my wing or care." He scoffed.

"But he'll be a danger. He knows our faces and knows The Ashen is responsible for his home, the Azure House blowing up. He could spill or be forced to spill if he's found." Raftar could feel Andy staring holes into the side of his head and turned to stare back at the boy. "Staring is rude kid." Slowly, Andy ducked his gaze back to the button he was fiddling with.

"Don't get worked up. Knowing our faces doesn't matter. Have you forgotten our faces and fingerprints are not registered in the government's system? They'll deem it a fake face or a fake fingerprint. We are apparitions of death. And besides," he paused and turned towards Andy still fiddling with a button but obviously paying attention. "I'll erase his memories."

"And how?" Raftar snickered.

"Technix owes me four favors." He grinned.

"Damn...I'm not even gonna ask how you did that." Raftar guffawed with eyes closed, smacking the table. "The Technix got scammed by you, haha!"

"All of it?" Andy finally spoke up.

"All of what? Oh, your memories? Yeah, kid's asking good. Are you gonna wipe em all?"

Raftar and Andy were both eager to hear what unpredictable yet engrossing thing Lance was going to say.

"No. I need him to mull over the trauma of being a young sex worker for the rest of his life." He stated, nonchalantly staring at the ceiling.