New Orleans and the Malfoy part 1

Today is the ceremony of distribution. My friends are sitting around me in the middle of the table. I see the first years coming. The hat started singing and I hummed with him. Granger is the first to be called.( 'Griffondor') When Draco is called he looks towards our table. I smiled and nod at him. He smiles back happy to be approved in the house by the queen herself. Alastor says Slytherin and his smile brighten, cute. I applaud and he heads toward us.

It's Luna Lovegood turns. She is in the same year as him in this world. Alastor says rav- SLYTHERIN?! Isn't she supposed to be in Ravenclaw? She smiles and approaches me. She asks to hug me. I of course agree and ask her if she is okay. She tells me she is so happy to meet me. I put her in my lap and the ceremony resumes. In the corner of my eyes I see Draco looking a little jealous. My friends look at me weirdly so I mouth them "She is a supernatural creature". They nod and continue to listen at the ceremony.

There is an uproar when harry potter is called but also everything went well. I look at everyone faces and try to remember their names. I know all of the new students. There aren't any changes from the original plot unless you count Luna. We eat and I lead the students to the dungeons with the prefects. The prefects introduce us and explains certains things then I say:

-"Hello to all, as said before I am lady Athena Luna De Black, the queen of Slytherin since my second year. I know some of you have death eaters or criminal as parents and I don't care. Here you will all be treated the same. But unfortunately it doesn't apply outside these doors. Other houses and mostly Griffondor will try to provoke you. They will use words and gestures to make you angry and see you punished. For the pasts three years, I tried to make Slytherin a place where outcasts are accepted. If you are a pureblood, a half-blood or a muggles born we don't care in this house contrary to what they will say. 'It matters not what someone is born, but what they will grow' to be matters so to be sure you all will pass seven good years in Slytherin, some rules are made to follow.

1) Slytherin stands together, no one will be rejected or consequences may follow. Your house is your family.

2)House elf are not slave. The rooms are to be neat at the end of the day. Bedrooms inspection are twice a month. The one who dirty things will be the one to clean it.

3)No outsiders are to be allowed here, even when you know them.

4)Arguments with a Slytherin is only permitted inside Slytherin house to show others we are united.

5)Attend all meetings when they are one, it's important to have all knowledge of a situation.

6) Knowledge is important, study time and each meal are mandatory.

7) Always get back up again. A Slytherin isn't a failure, when he fails he finds a solution to be better than before.

8)Protect your family and your dreams at all costs. Family isn't a blood bond but people you can't live without.

9)Mind your audience and never let your guard down. Divulge nothing to enemies save misinformation. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Trust no one. Questions all motives even thin one.

10)Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have. Power is better than recognition and sometimes being near power is better than being in power.

11)Forget what they think you are unless it can be used to your advantage. You are worthy, know yourself. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

12)Never take by force something that can be obtained by stealth or persuasion.

13)These rules are to be followed and not to be broken. A Slytherin knows many rules. He knows when to follow and when to break one. Learn other rules so you can break them properly.