Stroll Through a Park

Leafy woke up the next day to peace and quiet, and a cold room. Firey was gone. She sat up in her bed and looked around. There was a small note placed on the nightstand written in convoluted writing that said, 'Going to find groceries. BRB :).' She checked the clock next to it; 8:45. she sighed. God it was early.

Leafy smiled and got out of bed, stretching. She withdrew the curtains to reveal a barely peeking sun that illuminated the whole room. At least she felt somewhat safer now. Every time she was alone with Firey, she couldn't help but feel like someone else was spying on them.

As she ambled into the kitchen, Leafy heard a subtle knock at the door.

"Who else could really be up at this time...?" She yawned. She steered towards the door and opened it to reveal Tennisball, with Golfball behind him.

"Hi Leafy!!" Tennisball smiled. He was surprisingly hyper for 9 in the morning. Maybe it was because Golfball was with him? It didn't matter. Leafy smiled back.

"Hi Tennis Ball! Hi Golf Ball! What are you two here for?" she asked, motioning for them to come in.

"Well actually, We got an order from Firey a while ago for a few boxes of yoyleberries, along with an anti-yoyler. We were just passing by to drop them off, nothing more really," Golfball stated. She kicked a box to Tennisball, who kicked it to Leafy like a game of soccer. It continued until Leafy got three boxes of full yoyleberries and one anti-yoyler. She stared at the boxes in an amused awe, not expecting Firey to have gotten that much.

"Well, thank you! And I'm sure Firey's grateful too," Leafy chuckled.

"Alright then, bye Leafy!" Tennisball turned around and walked away. Or more-so Golfball led him away. Leafy closed the door, placing the boxes neatly in a corner. Then she walked back into the kitchen to make herself a coffee, and a sandwich.
.
.
.
Around 12:31 Leafy heard another knock at the door. She quickly rushed over to open the door, and was greeted by a warm flame.

"Hey Leafster!" Firey beamed and staggered into the living room, carrying bags full of groceries. "Sorry I was gone for so long," Firey dropped the bags on the counter top as his attention wandered to the boxes in the corner, "are those the yoyleberries?" He strolled over and picked up a box, placing it on the table and opening it, before popping a yoyleberry in his mouth.

Within seconds Firey went from himself to a metal version, with the room suddenly cooling down. Leafy giggled when she saw him. Firey had a grim look on his face at first, as the metallic taste of the berries lingered in his mouth, but after a moment of silence and accommodation, he swooped leafy into the air, planting a kiss on her 'forehead'.

"We haven't done that in a while," Firey smiled. 

"You're an idiot," Leafy sighed, attempting to leave his grasp. Firey didn't budge, and continued holding her. "Cmon Firey, I have to go clean up..." She groaned.

"Relax Leafy, you've done enough already. Just enjoy this! We can go for a walk later, and i'll take care of the chores, does that sound good?"

Leafy nodded in defeat, knowing there was no way to change Firey's mind once he stuck with something.

"Say, did you order an 'anti-yoyler'? Golfball dropped it off along with the berries."

Firey dropped Leafy on the couch in a flash and picked up the anti-yoyler. It was purple with a few green leaves sticking out from the back, most likely a design choice. It was shaped like a arcade gun and had an imprint stamped to the side of it from the company it came from.

arcade gun and had an imprint stamped to the side of it from the company it came from. "YellowFace Warehouse," he noted. He handed the anti-yoyler to leafy and said in a ludicrous tone: "How about you try it?"