"My friends?" Abby quickly responded looking at addison "Your friends?" Addison repeated.

"Um.." Mike looks surprised, "Are they.." he hints to abby, "Ghosts?" She finishes his sentence.

"Yeah." He looks at Addison. She looks back at him horrified, is this why he asked her to come over? "Of course," Abby says.

"How else could they make the robots move?" She questioned, "Wait what" Addison said not expecting Abby's answer.

"Right." Mike agreed. "Can I have some more soup?" Abby asked trying to change the topic.
Mike stares at her then at addison "Yeah sure" He gets up. Addison follows behind him.

"Is this what you called me for?" She whispers standing close to him "Yeah, I didn't want to do it alone." He looks at her. Addison noticed how close they were and moves back.

"Oh." She replied not knowing what to say, "Are we really gonna believe that the Machines are controlled by ghosts?" She questioned not really believing abby. Mike sighs and slowly nods leaving Addison confused.

"Hey abs," Mike yelled to abby, "You know we used to have a brother, right?" He asked looking at Addison. "Garrett" The name gave her chills for some reason. It sounds so familiar. Mike walks over to the door way leaving Addison there in her thoughts.

1987

1987

12 year old Addison was writing in her diary about how her mother wouldn't let her go to the mall with her friends, she was old enough to be on her own. She thought 12 was basically a grown adult.

Nothing would happen to her anyways, the mall is basically the safest place. Theres a ton of people and she would be with her friends.

"Addison," A female voice yelled from downstairs, Her mother. Addison ignored her still being mad.

"Addison," Her mother yelled louder. Addison slowly went downstairs to see what her mom wanted.

"What mom." She rolled her eyes, "Look at this." Her mother pointed to the tv. Addison looked over to the tv and saw the news talking about a little boy who went missing. His name was garret.

"This is what happens when you try to run off by yourself" Her mother told her. Repeating what she told her in the argument.

"Whatever mom." Addison ran back upstairs still annoyed. Just because someone else's kid got kidnapped doesn't mean she would.

Addison finally snaps out of her trance and remembers why the sounded familiar

Addison finally snaps out of her trance and remembers why the sounded familiar. He was the kid who went missing. Addison looks over to see mike squatting in-front of abby who is holding a piece of paper.

"Can you explain this to me?" Mike asked her pointing to the paper. Addison walks closer to see what he was talking about. She sees the paper has a drawing of a boy in the back of a car.

"You- you drew that, right?" Abby looked down and nodded, "Okay, and- and you know what that is?" He questioned her. Abby nodded again.

"Hey, hey, its okay." Mike put his hand on he knee. Addison didn't know what to say so she stayed quiet, "Im not, im not mad" he tried to comfort abby. Addison felt like this was a personal conversation so she decided to use the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Mike asked looking at Addison walk out of the room, "The bathroom, I'll be right back" She smiled.

She opened the bathroom door and quickly shutting and locking it. She looked in the mirror and stayed like that for a few minutes.

"Hey addison?" She heard mike shout for her. She unlocked the door and left the bathroom.

"Yeah?" she said coming around the corner. She noticed that abby wasn't in the kitchen anymore,
"Wheres abby?" She asked while sitting down next to a surprised mike.

"In her room." He answered her in a dull tone, "Everything all right" Addison asked uncomfortably. Mike sat in silence. "She- she knew about my brother" He whispered.

"What?" Addison asked not hearing what he whispered, "She knew about my missing brother." He repeated.

Addison looked at him while he looked so sad or well what she thinks he looks like. She grabs his hand.

"Hey," She watches as his eyes move to their hands, "Whatever you're worried about i'm sure it's nothing" She tried to comfort him.

"Thanks" He said with his eyes still on their hands. She noticed it and took her hand off. She looks at the time and noticed its already 10.

"I should really get going, its getting late" She told him while getting up. "Wait," Mile grabbed her arm.

"Can you come with me again tonight?" He asked her. She was hesitant on going back after that night.

"I-I dont really-" She starts to decline, "Please." He cut her off. Addison could tell her really wanted her to go but she was terrified.

"Fine." She agreed but instantly regretted her decision, "but you're driving me." He laughed and agreed.

Burtneys note

Burtneys note .

Im on a roll today omg... how are you guys liking these long chapters?