Eden High

Short and two more parts! HUZAH~

---

Exams were finally wrapping up; it was a relief since they weren’t the easiest task to get around. But as the exams began to close, it also meant the ending of the school year was approaching. It wasn’t so much that I wasn’t excited to be returning home soon, but I just doubted that I’d be able to see much of Carlisle after graduation. Unless he somehow lived near me and I just never noticed his existence before I came to Eden. I wouldn’t see Sin or Adam either, especially since Sin lives across the state as for Adam, I didn’t have a clue where he lived. I could also always come back next year if I really wanted to see the guys, but even if they were here this place really hadn’t grown on me.

I sighed as I laid in my dorm, gazing up at the dark ceiling. I would of course have to begin packing soon, something I had been delaying as of late. I didn’t want to go home, but at the same time, I couldn’t wait to get there.

Mixed feelings, I weren’t enjoying these.

As I thought back to my first day here I took a notice as to how much my personality had undergone a change. I wasn’t a poor excuse for a boy anymore, constantly stuttering at the slightest encounter with a fellow human. I had grown a tad bit more confident, not that I had lacked confidence before. Wasn’t exactly my strongest point either though. I was bolder, but along the way I had dropped some manners along the way and grown a bit more hostile towards people I weren’t familiar with. Oh well, now if I wanted to talk to someone, I would have already, they wouldn’t have to come to me for a conversation.

As for a change physically? Really not all that much had changed about me. My hair grew out a little bit; instead of the baby face I had a half a year ago a hard jaw line replaced it. Though some youth was still mixed in with my features.

I was growing up, as what happens when life goes on.

I didn’t mind this change, in fact I welcomed them unlike most teenager boys I have known. Sure you’ll start out awkward looking, but over a course of time you change, you won’t always look like that forever. Unless life just wants to screw you over. Some people just aren’t lucky when they grow out of that awkward state.

Though personality wise, this change may not be enjoyable. I know my parents won’t like it and I don’t care whether they do or don’t. Which is the scary part. When had I stopped caring what my parents thought?

Eden really does work in mysterious ways…When had I started to act like this?

Or maybe! –This could be what my parents had wanted all along?!  For me to see and become like the kid’s at Eden. Because outside of this school no one would really mess with the students. Of course you wouldn’t be able to tell if someone was from Eden unless they told you, or if you wear your Student ID around (Which no one ever wears) or if you have the pin with the school’s emblem on it. I hear that they give out this emblem after you graduate. It can either be pinned onto your back pack, or the chest of your jacket, of course it can be pinned anyway since it is a pin. But only students of Eden should own these. And if you actually do try to steal one, (Not sure why you’d try to anyway) something tells me it wouldn’t go well if you were caught with it.

I’ve seen Carlisle’s, it was pinned to one of his back packs, and I’ve never come across one when around Sin. He must have lost it or something.

I would receive mine on graduation day, I wasn’t sure where I’d put it though. And now that I was actually thinking about stuff like this, I had no idea where my Student ID was. I would have to wear it to graduation so I should find it.

“Hey Dimitri!” There was a knock and from the voice I could tell it was Adam. “You in there? I’m coming in!”

Why ask if I was here if you were just going to come inside anyway?

“Yeah Adam?” I had moved from my previous spot on my bed to my desk, searching for that ID. I had glanced over to him for a moment when I heard the door click shut.

“Have you by any chance seen my Student ID? Can’t find it anywhere.” The boy smiled at me then sighed and frowned, “I just heard we need the thing for graduation, don’t see the point really.”

“That’s actually what I’m looking for right now.”

Adam plunked down on my bed, sighing again as he did, “Should have kept my eye on that thing.”

Since I had only been hanging around Adam during class, I had this hypothesis that he would go hang around with Sin afterwards. And for whatever reason, the guy is keeping his little thing between him and Sin a secret. I’m still curious as to what Sin’s answer was, but I wasn’t going to force it out of Adam, he’d tell me, soon enough.

It doesn’t bug me. Really, it doesn’t.

What bugs me though is that my friend just ditches me too often now! Did I ever do that to him? I highly doubt it.

“I don’t think Carlisle has his…” I murmured as I dug through my drawers.

“Sin knows where his is!” He piped up a little too cheerfully. That pansy ass attitude always pisses me off.

Oh, another change! My vocabulary seems to have expanded quite a bit. I was nothing like a sailor though. And also, too happy of people like Adam was just now, I had grown to hate it.

“And I’m sure he does.”

Okay, I’m going back on my word, I am going to force it out of him, “Did Sin tell you that we need the ID’s? You’ve been around him a lot recently, more than usual.” I smirked as I opened up another drawer.

“Yeah…He’s a fun guy.”

He was still sounding too happy, but I noticed his voice shake a little bit. I rolled my eyes and slammed the drawer shut, “You know I am your friend it’s alright to tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

I suppose he really didn’t want to tell me, “Never mine.” I reopened the door and quickly went through it, smiling as I pulled out my ID, “Ah, found it.”

Adam groaned behind me, “Damn it, I’m really going to have to search now.”

I smirked at him, “Better get going then.”

It was hard to think that my year here was seriously almost over, how come I hadn’t noticed this before? I couldn’t help, but feel excited. I was going home in just a number of weeks, I would see my parents, and I would be able to sleep in my own bed. And hopefully I could just chill and relax in my backyard.

Leaving everyone though, that made this excitement die down a bit, I didn’t want to leave any of them, and they’d all been such great friends to me! And there were also some who weren’t so nice, but that’s alright, you come across someone like that everywhere. And eventually they get hit by someone whose much bigger.

Life goes on, as people say.

Despite the fact that I didn’t want to come back or the fact that I didn’t particularly enjoy Eden, I still wanted to stay here. I guess because this was my freshman year, it was my first high school, of course it would grow on me. Or…I’m not quite sure how I felt about the place.

Everything I felt about it was lukewarm, and I wasn’t even sure what to think really.

Only, if I was given a choice, another school or Eden, which would, I choose? At first I was sure I wouldn’t come back to this place, though now as I thought about it, I was starting to reconsider.

Maybe, I would like to come back.