part twenty three

that's when pope burst through the door.

"guys, guys!!" he panted, pausing to catch his breath. "oh gosh, i ran all the way here."

"you good?" john b turned his head towards the boy.

"how was the interview pope?" jj asked.

"don't ask," pope says before turning to the brunette boy sitting on the couch, "jb, im sorry. for everything"

madilyn made her way to the couch and took a seat next to jj, giving him a warm smile but not peeling her attention away from the conversation at hand for even a second.

"but i have information that is tactically relevant" the dark skinned boy continued, "so before i had my interview my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut the palms for cameron's big plane."

pope took a moment to catch his breath, before inhaling and starting to talk again.

"because it was too heavy, and needed a longer landing strip to take off. so im sitting in my interview thinking to myself, hm. why would cameron need a longer landing strip to take off? what could be be so heavy to weigh it down?" he finished.

"gold." jj sat up straight.

"exactly."

"guys, this is our chance! but it leaves tonight and we have to go." pope presses. he begins pacing around the room as jj turned over to john b.

"whats the plan, big man?" the blonde asked.

a wide smile formed on john b's face as he stood up, "were gonna steal that shit back."

"let's do this!" jj sprung up from his seat before doing a one-eighty and holding out his hand to help madi up.

the pogues were about twenty minutes into the drive when they started discussing the plan.

"we go in there, guns a blazin' and make ward cameron beg for mercy. abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there" jj announced proudly as he loaded his gun with more bullets.

madilyn couldn't help herself but wonder where he had gotten the bullets from. she knew he had the gun, but she thought he ran out of ammo awhile ago.

"down the intercoastal" john b added, turning around briefly to look at jj.

"exit to cuba" pope said.

"cuba?" jj laughed, "no man, xcalak! jewel of the yucatan. lobsters so thick, and no word for money." he said contently, putting the gun down and resting his hand on madi's leg.

john b parked the van near the fence of the air strip and the teens began to climb their way out in turns. madi was the last out and jj held the door open for her as she exited.

"thank you" she smiled for a second before jogging to catch up with the others.

"whats the plan? broad strokes?" kie said.

madi reached for jj's hand and he looked down at her with a smile. "oh, you guys are good now?" pope asked, looking over.

before either of the two could answer the boy, john b spoke up. "can you guys shut up, we have more important things at hand right now"

madilyn rolled her eyes at her brother's comment before turning her attention to the plane.

"they're loading up the gold" pope said looking through the binoculars. john b snatched them from him and peered through himself.

"what?" kiara asked as he lowered the device from his eyes.

"sarah" the brunette breathed out before raising the binoculars to his eyes again, "wait a minute, he's hurting her."

"what?" madi panicked for her best friend.

"they're fighting" john b said as he handed the device to kie, "holy shit"

madilyn focused her attention on the runway, peering through the holes of the fence. "guys we have to do s-" her words were interrupted by an engine starting.

"what are you doing?" pope yelled.

madi whipped her head around to see john b driving towards the van. the girl's head was filled with worry, and that her brother was going to get hurt.

"john b no! stop!!" she shrieked before jumping in the way with her arms held out in front of her, attempting to stop the van.

"madi get back!" jj pulled the brunette's body away from the fence just as the van drove through it.

"what are you doing? are you stupid?" jj yelled, "you could've been killed!"

madi didn't have time to respond though before averting her eyes to the van that was now parked in the path of the plane on the runway.

"whats he doing?" kiara asked. the four of them ran through the new hole in the fence to the other side before stopping.

"holy shit, no!!" madilyn yelled, realizing what her brother was doing. "no no no!" she buried her face into jj's chest.

the rest of them watched in horror as the plane stopped only inches away from the van. madi took off running towards her brother after both vehicles came to a stop, the others following her in suit.

"madi!" sarah yelled as she got out of the plane. the two girls engulfed eachother into a hug, just as ward exited the plane as well.

"get off of her!" ward pulled sarah away from the girl as he jumped off of the boarding steps.

"get off me! and don't tell me what to do." sarah ripped her arm out of her dad's grip, stumbling backwards into john b's chest.

the brunette boy turned to jj as a cop car approached the scene. "get her out of here." he said to the blonde, motioning to his sister.

"huh?" jj asked.

"i said get her out of here, she can't be here."

and with that, jj grabbed for madi's hand and they took off running towards the woods, pope and kiara close behind them.