part eleven

"i can walk myself alright? i got legs, can you see that brother?" jj exclaimed to the security guard who still had a firm grip on jj as he guided him through the crowd.

jj glanced over to madilyn with a smile. as she walked away, he mouthed 'thank you' with a smile and a wink.

the girl nodded and offered a warm smile before walking off back to the dance floor.

"hey!"

madilyn whipped her head around to see kiara walking towards her. "enjoying the party?" she asked the brunette.

madi nodded her head with a small 'mhm' before examining kiara's outfit. "your dress is pretty!" she complimented the girl.

"oh don't even get me started, my mom made me wear it" kiara gritted while grabbing a glass of champagne from a nearby drink stand, "i wouldn't even be at this stupid party if it weren't for her" she continued, and  madi knew she was referring to her mom.

"well im glad she made you come" madilyn smiled.

suddenly more shouting came from the balcony. the two girls whipped their heads around to see jj still wrestling with the security guard. maybe recruiting the officer wasn't such a good idea.

"rose, you look like lady liberty!" jj shouted before turning to a man holding a shot of liquor. "hey buddy, can i have one of those?!"

kiara and madilyn locked eyes before kiara turned back to jj. "let go of him!" she shouted.

everyone turned to face the girl, and madi chewed on her lip as she saw everyone staring in her direction.

"you can't just boot him, im a member of this club! i invited him!" kiara yelled. both of the girl's parents rushed over to her sides trying to calm their daughter.

with the guard finally distracted, jj pried himself free and placed both hands on the man's chest and shoved him, sending him hard into the sea of people.

"mandatory power at rixons kie, pope you as well! let's roll!" jj yelled, "workers of the world unite! throw off your chains!"

the girl watched as pope emerged from the sides. madi didn't even know pope was here tonight, but she assumed he was helping his dad.

kiara glanced over to the brunette standing beside her. "come on!" she exclaimed with a laugh. kiara grabbed the girl's hand and they took off running to the clearing.

"whats this mandatory meeting about?" pope asked john b. the pogues and madilyn were sat around the fire back at the château.

john b glanced over to jj. "might as well tell him" the blonde remarked.

"and her?" john b pointed to his sister.

"come on man, it's fine. she's not like the kooks, she's your sister." jj defended madilyn, and a smile adorned her features.

john b nodded. "so, the gold never went down with the royal merchant." he exhaled.

"oh my gosh, here we go again with this." pope grunted.

"no no, wait just hear him out alright?" jj reasoned, motioning for john b to continue.

"it's been here the whole time, it's on the island" the brunette said proudly.

"are you serious?" madi exclaimed.

"id like to voice my skepticism."

"im sure you would pope, but may i present you with my evidence?" john b said professionally.

"proceed." the dark skinned boy said.

the five of them watched as john b grabbed his bag and dug around. "alright so in my backpack," he said suspensefully, "i have a letter from denmark tanny." he proclaimed after a moment.

"who?" madi blurted, averting her eyes from the fire and directing them to her brother.

"he was a slave that survived the royal merchant. check this out" the brunette boy answered, handing a map to kiara.

john b continued to explain how he found the gold while the pogues passed the map around, each examining it closely.

jj handed the map to madilyn and she traced the lines with her finger, trying to memorize the coordinates.

"so tanny used the gold to buy his freedom and after that he bought his farm. drumroll please, because that farm is," he continued.

the four others began patting their hands on their knees as a drumroll.

"–tannyhill plantation!!"

madi and kiara's eyes widened. "tannyhill?!" kiara exclaimed.

the boy continued to go on and on about tannyhill and the royal merchant but madilyn had already tuned her brother out by that point.

"psst, hey" jj nudged the girl's shoulder to snap her back to reality. "you good?"

"mhm" she nodded with a smile.

the two turned their attention back to john b, who was reading a coded message aloud.

"harvest the wheat in parcel nine near the water" the boy read.

"except there's no water." pope stated.

"the wheat is code for gold" madi mumbled, looking up as her eyes met john b's.

"this might have a small chance of being true" pope chuckled to himself in disbelief.

beside madi, jj sprung up and maneuvered quickly around the fire until he reached john b. the blonde engulfed his best friend into a hug before stumbling backwards.

"woah woah, fire! you're near the fire!" john b squirmed in jj's grip.

"im so proud of you right now" the blonde said after setting his best friend down and taking his seat.

authors note :
midsummers is one of my favorite episodes!! i love it sm

authors note :midsummers is one of my favorite episodes!! i love it sm

this is the dress i imagine madi wearing!