part two

the next morning madilyn woke up pretty late and decided to make herself some eggs. she was standing over the stove when her brother came booming down the hall.

"mornin madi" the brunette called to his sister.

"sup" she replied.

john b grabbed his backpack from the couch and shoved a t-shirt or two inside. "where are you going?" madilyn asked over her shoulder, turning the stove off and dishing up her eggs.

"why does it matter?!" the boy pressed.

"um because im your sister? there was just a hurricane, john b. is it so bad that i care?"

"okay, whatever. we found a boat, and we want to check it out" her brother confessed.

"what, like a wreck?"

"yes, like a wreck madi!!"

"well just, be safe. you know?" the girl stated, earning a nod from john b.

soon after john b left to go out with his friends, madilyn left as well. she soon found herself with sarah, kelce and topper at sarah's house sitting around her balcony attached to her room.

"they said they were looking for a boat of some sort. a wreck, i guess" the brunette explained to her friends.

"they actually think they're gonna find the royal merchant?" kelce scoffed.

madilyn shrugged in return. "my brother's always believed. since our dad died, he's been convinced of all these signs and shit, i don't know."

sarah watched her best friend speak empathetically. "do you think he's still out there?" she asked.

"no." the brunette responded fiercely, "and i dunno why my brother does either. he's dead. and he has been."

tense air filled the room after the girl's statement.

"uhhh, well i was thinking of throwing a party tomorrow night," topper stammered, "thoughts?"

the boy looked around the room at each of his friends, all shrugging and nodding.

"hell yeah, bro!" kelce exclaimed.

"sounds fun" sarah complied.

madilyn slept over at her best friend's house that night, and they got ready for the party together the next day.

the girls walked inside toppers house, surrounded by flashing lights, yelling, and loud music.

madi was wearing a short, skimpy rose colored dress that she coupled with a pair of sarah's nude heels.

"ayyy, you made it!!" topper greeted the two at the front door

"did you think we'd bail or something?" madilyn asked jokingly.

topper smiled, wrapping his arm around sarah and leading the both of them to the kitchen.

"help yourself" he motions towards the liquor.

sarah gives him a polite smile and grabs two solo cups from the stack, handing one to madilyn.

the girls each mixed vodka and cranberry juice into their cups. sarah sipped on hers, while the brunette on the other hand, downed hers almost immediately.

"damn madi, slow down!!" the blonde exclaimed.

madilyn and sarah parted ways after that. sarah went with her boyfriend while madi went, anywhere. she wandered around hoping to find anyone worth her time.

the girl eventually found her way outside. the music was at least a bit quieter out there, it gave her head a break.

"yo mads, you up for shots?" rafe called from across the yard.