part twelve

"do you guys hear that?" kiara shot up from her seat in the van. the three others listened closely until faint shouting was heard.

"that's sarah" madi said in a voice just above a whisper.

the four of them climbed out of the van and took off running towards the cries.

"sarah?!" madi called to her best friend as her silhouette came into view.

the blonde whipped her head around to face her best friend and the pogues behind her.

madi froze when she saw her brother lying unconscious on the ground. "what the hell happened?!" jj asked.

"he needs help! i don't know what to do, topper pushed him!" sarah cried, "call someone, i don't care who" the blonde continued.

she leaned down to kiss the unconscious boy, tears from her face falling onto his.

madilyn dropped down to her knees and picked up her brother's hand. "john b open your eyes please" the girl said softly as tears welled up in her eyes.

the brunette laid her head on her brother's chest as her tears softly fell.

"we gotta get him to a hospital" kiara stated. pope and jj got the boy up and madilyn watched the two boys carry her brother into the twinkie.

"why don't you sleep over at my place tonight mads? have some fun you know?" sarah placed her hand over top of her best friend's.

"sure" madi replied with a weak smile.

the two girls watched kiara walk away before getting up themselves and walking slowly towards sarah's jeep.

the entire ride to the blonde's house was silent, with the occasional sniffle from madilyn.

sarah carefully parked her jeep in the driveway before looking over to her best friend with a smile. "you ready?" the blonde asked.

"mhm" madi nodded.

they both walked inside and were immediately greeted by rose.

"madi's gonna stay the night tonight, if that's okay?" sarah asked her stepmother.

"of course" rose gave a welcoming smile to the brunette in the doorway before walking away.

"you hungry? my plan was just to get a shit ton of candy but if you're hungry we can make food too" the blonde smiled.

"no candy is fine, thank you" madilyn said softly.

the girls made their way upstairs and to sarah's bedroom. madi jumped onto the blonde's bed before throwing all the pillows at sarah.

"hey!!" sarah laughed, dragging out the word before bending over to pick up a few pillows and throwing them back in her bestfriend's direction.

once they settled down, they found themselves curled up under sarah's blanket eating popcorn and watching a movie.

a bit later into the night there was a knock on sarah's bedroom door. the girl's assumed it was rose, but the girl who walked in wasn't sarah's stepmom.

"hey sneezie" sarah smiled at her sister as she sat down on the blonde's bed.

"thats not my name" wheezie rolled her eyes.

"mm, really?" sarah laughed.

it was then that madi got a notification. she picked up her phone and unlocked it. it was a text from kiara.

kiara
hey, ur brother woke up

omg thank you so much for telling me

kiara
ofc<3

lmk when u guys r taking him home

kiara
yeah ofc we will

a wide smile spread across the brunettes face. "he woke up" she said to sarah and wheezie.

"see? i told you he would" the blonde smiled at her best friend as she popped a kitkat in her mouth.

the three of them continued to laugh and joke around about the silliest, most random things. it wasn't until around 3 am that madilyn checked the time on her phone.

"shit it's already 3 am" the brunette exclaimed.

sarah nudged her younger sister. "bedtime sneezie"

"saraaaah!!"

the two of them continued to banter until the older girl finally got her way.

once wheezie left, it didnt take the two friends long until they were both knocked out.

madi was woken up by her phone buzzing repeatedly. she groggily propped herself up with her elbows and reached for her phone.

kiara
yo were taking jb home
hello
madilyn
r u there?
did rafe kill you
madi routledge
????
mk well come to the château when u see this

"sarah wake up!" the brunette shook her best friend awake.

"huhhhh?" sarah sat up as she slowly woke up. by this time madi was already out of bed and getting her shoes on.

"john b's going home, come on we have to go!" she said excitedly.

this statement woke the blonde up enough to process what was going on. as she became aware, she herself sprung out of bed to put her shoes on.

the girls wasted no time getting in the car, not even bothering to brush their hair.

madilyn was anxious the entire ride, chewing on her lip as she stared out the window.

the girl didn't even wait for sarah to get fully in the driveway before flinging the car door open and jumping out.

sarah followed her best friend inside and watched as she practically jumped on top of her brother.

the two siblings hugged for what felt like eternity, until madilyn finally pulled away. "im so glad you're okay" she said to her brother with a smile.