⋆˚✿˖° 05. I'm In Love

As soon as you stepped into the workshop area, it went silent

As soon as you stepped into the workshop area, it went silent. Wakasa, the one recounting his slightly concerning story, was the first to notice you. "Ah shit, did you just hear all that?"

You nodded slowly, "How I wish I could unhear," Then your eyes landed on Shinichiro, a huge smile tugging at his lips as his eyes lit up at the sight of you.

You sucked in your breath, elation surging through your body. You smiled back, tears pricking your eyes. He was alive. Right in front of you.

Without even thinking, you ran over to where he was standing with a cigarette in his hand and threw your arms around him. You hugged him tightly, burying your face into his chest as you let your tears out.

Shinichiro stilled for a beat from surprise, but he quickly recovered, passing his cigarette to Takeomi so he could wrap his arms around your waist. He smelt like grease oil and cigarettes, but it only comforted you more, you missed this smell, you missed him, but he was here now. There was nothing to be worried about anymore.

"Missed me that much?" Shinichiro chuckled, "It's only been a day, pretty girl."

Your hands gripped his shirt even tighter. He had no idea. "I missed you."

"I m-missed you more," Shinichiro replied, blushing profusely.

He was surprised by your gesture, usually, he was the one who would make the first move, but this time the tables have turned. He was turning into a blushing mess. Did this mean anything? Were you finally returning his feelings? Instead of opening his mouth and ruining the moment as per usual, Shinichiro swept you off your feet by your waist and spun you around, his arms being the only thing stopping you from being dropped onto the ground.

You let out a squeal, as it reminded you of being on an amusement park ride. "Shinichiro, I swear if you drop me I'll give you a black eye!"

Shinichiro only laughed, "I'd show it off, let the other guys know how badass my girl is."

Your heart fluttered. My girl. His girl. "You know, that would totally ruin your gang leader image," you chuckled, shaking your head, "People will start to think you're too soft and pick on you."

"Not that he had a great image anyways..." Wakasa coughed. "Crybaby,"

Takeomi and Benkei snickered.

"That's why I have you, sweetheart," he said, ignoring his friends. He placed you back on your feet. "You can protect me."

You rolled your eyes playfully. That was essentially what you were already doing - protecting him, stopping him from dying on August 14th 2003 - well at least trying to, you still didn't know how to. But what you do know is that the first thing you needed to do was to become his girlfriend.

"Shin, let's go out on a bike ride." You said, tugging his arm.

"You know I'd do anything for you when you call me Shin." He grinned, snatching his keys off the shelf.