⋆˚✿˖° 03. Back To The Past

You opened your eyes

You opened your eyes. White. You were looking up at a white ceiling. Huh? Sitting up, you looked around at your surroundings - clothes and plushies were scattered everywhere, posters filled the walls and shelves were stacked with mangas and figures. Hold up...why does this feel so familiar and nostalgic?

Then it dawned on you. You were in your room! But why was your room back to how it was before you had redecorated it? You looked at the posters stuck on your wall again, most of them were of Sailor Moon and boy bands that you were obsessed with when you were younger. Why were they back on the wall again? Didn't you sell them away?

In the corner of your eyes, you spotted a calendar on the wall. You rolled out of your bed and walked over to it. The calendar was a limited edition kind, signed by your then-favourite boy band, Eye Candy. How embarrassing. Didn't you sell this away too, though? The calendar showed that it was August 1998.

Your brows furrowed in confusion.

Your hands then went into your pockets. Lint, some sweet wrappers, a packet of gum, a few coins and a phone! Woah, it was your old flip phone, the very one that you bought with your hard-earned cash from working part-time at the arcade. This was so weird.

You flipped it open, and your eyes widened. 28th August 1998? What the heck? Surely that couldn't be right? The last time you checked it was 2003.

Your eyes landed on the mirror in the corner of your room and you gasped when you saw your reflection. Your hair was styled exactly how it was during your high school years and you looked so much younger. You definitely did not look twenty-three.

What the heck is going on? Why was your bedroom like this and why were you even here? Weren't you visiting Shinichiro's grave just a minute ago with Mikey? Wait, where's Mikey?

Your phone rang, startling you. The name, Kyoko, flashed across the screen. Kyoko as in your best friend?

"Hello?" You said.

"Y/N!" Kyoko chirped. "Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing?"

"Perfect," She replied. "Come shopping with me!"

"What? Aren't you having a shooting right now?" You said. She should be doing a modelling shoot for the new summer outfits right now in Tokyo so why was she asking for you to go shopping?

"Umm, what?"

"You said you were going to be busy modelling all day."

"Y/N, I have no idea what you're talking about but we only have a few days left of summer vacation and there's a summer sale going on right now! Gotta get all the cute summer dresses before they're all snatched up!"

"Kyoko, what year is it right now?"

"Is that a trick question?" You heard the confusion in her voice. "It's 1998, of course."