Chapter 6: Moment?

Start from the beginning

Mostly everyone moaned and groaned when they heard this news. Everyone loved where they sat, mostly because at the beginning of the year, you got to choose where you sat.

"These will be the pairings...." He read off names, but I didn't really pay attention until I heard my names. "Zachary Bryant and Rachel Smith."

A groan escape from Rachel's lips which caused me to smirk. I glanced at her and she was placing the palm of her hand across her forehead. "Of course this had to happen. Lucky me..." She mumbled and swore under her breath.

Once he finished reading off of the list, he started telling everyone where to move the desks. Rachel and I ended up sitting in the very back, which was perfect. Everyone was spread out in the room, so no one was near us, which was even more perfect.......

"Okay, now that we are settled, just continue to finish up your homework. There really isn't a lot of time to start a new lesson." and with that, Mr. Adams went back to his desk and sat down to grade some papers from a recent test.

Rachel sat quietly and started to draw on a paper. I looked over her shoulder and noticed she was sketching Baymax from Big Hero 6. "Isn't the big fat marshmallow guy from Big Hero 6?" I asked.

She quickly slammed her composition book closed and quickly looked away. Is she on her period or something???? I mean the other day, she was all hyped and not scared of me. Now she is acting like we've never met before. I mean, we did just meet like the other day, but none of that matters.

"Why are you so shy?" I asked as I leaned back in my seat.

She shrugged and just stared at the floor while fiddling with her fingers. I need to come with something to talk about, quick.

"So, your party tomorrow....." I said awkwardly.

Suddenly she gasped, "Crap!!!!! I forgot about it! I need to get all the decorations ready, and food, and all the other things!"

"I can help if you want...." I assured her hesitantly. A smile forming over her worried face.

"Thanks...." she murmured .

The rest of the period was awkward and quiet. Once the bell rang, Rachel quickly walked out of the room.

I was about to walk out when this girl came up to me. She had long, straight black hair. She had a ton of makeup on and looked kind of slutty, but pretty. She looked at me with a smile.

"Hey, I'm Valery." she said holding out her hand.

"Um.....hi." I said as I shook her hand awkwardly. Why is she talking to me? I mean, she probably just wants to flirt or something.

"Hey, are you going to Rachel's party? I heard it'll be the party of a lifetime!" the girl piped as she flirtatiously curled locks of her hair around her finger.

Why do girls do that with their hair when flirting? I find it annoying. Well, that's just me.....it works on some guys.

"Yeah....." I said trying to get away.

She quickly grabbed my arm desperately. "What do you want?" I asked a little annoyed.

She batted her eyes and smiled. "I was wondering if you would take me to the party. Ya know, like a date." She continued curling her hair.

I shook my head, "Sorry, I just...... I can't alright." And with that, I quickly walked away, not turning back. I don't feel like breaking girls hearts right now.... My main priority right now, is to break Rachel's.

***

The rest of the day was a blur. I was mainly thinking about Rachel, and how I could get her to fall for me.