Introduction

In this world there are (number) types of people: The rich, The middle class, The Poor, The non-humans, and the Forevers. The rich are the wealthiest human class there is to be while the poor is the weakest. The middle is well, in the middle. Then there are the non-humans and the forevers. The non-humans consist of: The hives, The shapes, and the drones. The Shapes are creatures with various powers that manipulate objects, body parts, or their surroundings. The Drones are robotic like entities that have built to become the highest status due to their incredible abilities of various nature. The Drones are called drones because their old ancestors had drone like features.

Finally, we are at the Hives and Forevers. The hives are beings who hold small civilizations in the space where most humans would hold a brain. There are very very small creatures living inside of this space we call the hive. This is why the hives are called hives, because their "mind" is made up of many small creatures tinkering and working hard every day to help the beings body operate. These small creatures are called forevers. The forevers live their lives knowing of the world greater than them, but it is out of their nature to want anything more than what they have been born into. The Forevers do not need more than their masters, because they are given everything, they need in order to live happy and successful lives right from inside the hive.

With all of this information you would assume that the forevers and the hive entity have a close relationship, but it that is not very true. The hive entity knows of each forevers existence but does not know every forever by name. Think of it as a ruler knows of every one of their peasants but does not know everyone's story. There is something of a disconnect between what each group knows of each other, but they are still devoted to one another. They could not live without each other; both of their existences are vital for survival.

While having this hive in their brain makes them a hive, it is not the only thing that the entity has going for them. They are highly intelligent and very strong individuals. They can do unnatural things and conjure unhuman matter with just a flick of their hands. This is why they are often deemed the gods of their world. Many people especially the poor seek out the hives, because with their help food can be put on the table and mouths can be fed. Considering most of the world's population is poor due to sooo much history we do not have time to go into, the hives have a pretty good reputation.

All of this background information brings us to our main story. We will be focusing on a young woman, A forever, and her entity. What will happen when the forever accidentally leaves their hive?