2 tired of waiting 4 a girlfriend

(Next Sunday, June 16th)
Johnny's POV:
Today was my twenty-two week appointment (I think) and something about my mom being gone is killing me today.

She left last Sunday, and for reason today it's really hitting my soul. I guess because pregnancy is when you need your mom the most.

"I know. I know." He rubbed my back like a baby for the millionth time.

"I miss her, Dad." I cried.

"I do too, baby." For the first time ever he sounds truly sad. And our sadness kinda just sits there with each other until he forms more words out of it.

"Ya'know Andie?" I look up at him, but he's talking to himself.

"I really do miss my wife." And he cries. It feels crazy and forbidden to see my dad cry, but he cries.

"All these years I watched her run away and I've just been waiting... waiting for her to come back." He smiles through his tears and for the first time ever I see his pain. Clear as day. His soul is hurt like mine. He's been abused too.

"And I think she's gonna come back this time so I'm gonna keep waiting, dammit. I'm gonna wait on her like I waited on you. I'm gonna wait on my wife like I'm waiting on my granddaughter." He proudly sniffles. And I feel his waiting sink in.

I'm gonna wait with him, but I'm passing my time with a nap.

Steve's POV:
"How was the gym?" My dad asked at dinner.

After I wiped my mouth I answered,"Better than it was this time last week." I shrugged, "I just feel so old and weak."

"You've been through a lot. I think anyone would be old and weak after this year." Branty frowned.

"Mh probably." I need to get myself together before august though. Football is not for the old or weak.

"Why didn't you take Soda?" Mom squinted.

"Figured I should learn how to do at least one thing without him."

"Smart." Dad agreed.

"What about the rest of you?" Enough about me for real.

"A lady almost died in my arms today, but I gave her to a doctor." Mom raised an eyebrow.

"Did she live?" Branty questioned.

"Yeah." Mom nodded. That's good.

"Me and my boss designed this idea of cereal called fartees." My dad shook his head is disappointment.

The rest of us shared a laugh.

"What do those do?" I grinned.

"There shit-shaped cereal, packed with vitamins, but they taste like chocolate or vanilla." He rolled his eyes.

"That's a great idea, why are you not digging it?" Mom frowned.

"Because that kind of stuff never works. Any cereal that claims to be packed with vitamins, kids say it's disgusting." He was true.

All the good cereals, have enough sugar to kill you.

Soda's POV:
Darry's been home since last Sunday when we got back, and I'm happy as hell. We ate a little while ago and now we're gonna go to the park and find trouble.

"Come on brother!" I happily call for Pony.

He slides out of his bed before I take his hand and skip away.