Qin Ya came up with a random excuse.

Tan Lanfang covered her lips with her hand and laughed. "My silly sister, it's all made up to cheat people. As you can see, I've read so many books, how can I still be like this now? I haven't become a beauty, and I don't have a golden house."

"Maybe you will in the future."

Qin Ya stopped explaining further.

Tan Lanfang only thought that she was joking and didn’t take it seriously.

She went to the inner room to fetch a pen, ink, paper and inkstone out. Then she started to teach Qin Ya the basics.

However, Tan Lanfang never thought that Qin Ya was so talented that she could remember everything after she was taught once. She could read the whole book within one afternoon.

"You are a genius! Absolutely a genius!”

Tan Lanfang clapped and exclaimed. "Sister, if you are a man, I'm sure you would be able to be the number one scholar in the exam. You’re really amazing."

"You always know how to coax me. It's getting late. I'll have to go back and cook for Xin’er. I'll come back to you tomorrow."

After saying goodbye to Sister Lan, Qin Ya went back to her own yard.

Xin’er didn’t come back yet.

She scooped the rice out of the rice jar to cook porridge first. Then she took out the wild vegetables that Li Chenggu had dug up before, chopped them and squeezed them into juice, which would be used for steamed wild-vegetable buns.

After steaming, she sliced the bun and then fried it. Now, the bun slices were in golden color with a good smell.

After that, she waited for the Xin’er to come back for dinner. However, she waited for a long time but still didn’t see him.

Seeing that it was getting a little dark, Qin Ya couldn't sit still at home anymore.

She covered the food with a basket to prevent rats and other insects from crawling in. Then she put on her clothes and twisted her hair with the hairpin given by Li Chenggu. She closed the door in a ruah and went out to look for Li Xin’er.

From the outside of her own door to the places in the village where children often went to play, there was no trace of him anywhere.

It was getting darker and darker. Soon, it was so dark that she couldn’t even see her hands clearly. At night in the countryside, all kinds of snakes, insects, rats and ants were flooding. Besides, all kinds of animals would bark continuously.

"Xin’er... where are you, Xin’er? "

Qin Ya shouted while she walked, trying to get a response.

One-incense-stick-burning time passed… Two-incense-sticks-burning time passed… One hour had already passed, but there was still no response.

Qin Ya tightly compressed her lips. The more anxious she was in her heart, the clearer her mind was. A child at this age should be fine. The biggest possibility was that he quarreled with some friends and didn’t want to go home because of agitation.

Thinking of this, she went straight to Er’gou's house. She remembered that when Xin’er went out today, he said that he would go to play with Er’gou, who lived at the east end of the village.

Qin Ya just walked to the door of Er’gou’s place and before she could get in, she already heard the quarrelling inside.

"You little bastard, you are still staying in our house. We just broke your clothes, why did you pester us so severely?”

It was a woman's voice, which was cynical and with a country accent.

"Are you Er’gou’s mother?"

At this moment, Qin Ya had no time to care about courtesy. She pushed the door open and directly walked in.

The moment she got inside, she saw Xin’er sitting alone in the yard crying, while the woman aside was pointing her finger at him and cursing him nonstop.

That woman did not expect that someone would come in and suddenly stopped talking.

She turned her head to take a look and unexpectedly found it was Qin Ya. She put her hands on her waist and said, "I didn’t expect it was you. Now the big bastard comes. Now what? Coming to pick up your little bastard?"

The moment Qin Ya heard these words, her eyes turned cold because of anger.

Clap.

It was a slap in the face of that woman.

Because of the reaction force, Qin Ya's hand became numb.

That woman was even more miserable. She was bony, and even with the clothes, she was still as thin as a stick. Qin Ya was much heavier than her; Using all the strength, Qin Ya slapped her on the ground.

"Don’t you dare say that again?"

Qin Ya did not intend to forgive her easily. She bullied Xin’er and also abused him so vulgarly.

The woman was shrewish. When she realized that she was beaten, she began to make a scene.

"You, how dare you hit me?! For crying out loud, there are no laws and rules anymore."

"Laws and rules?" Qin Ya snorted coldly, "Where did you get the gut to scold my son."

"I'm not wrong. He is a little bastard, and who knows where he comes from. He doesn’t even know who his own mother is..."

The woman was still scurrilous.

Qin Ya directly slapped her in the face again. Then, Qin Ya slapped her five or six times continuously.