They were back in the classroom now after lunch had ended, writing whatever Mr Phillips wrote down on their chalkboards.

Gilbert looked at Y/n, who looked back at him. He glanced at Anne and Y/n nods slightly, telling him to try speak to her.

It was always like this, Y/n somehow got Gilbert to do risky things, he knew these things were risky but it made Y/n happy when he agreed to do stupid stuff with her and it made him happy when she was happy. Her smile always made him smile.

He looked down at his apple, then at the teacher. He picked up one of the cloths on his desk and threw it at Anne's table. Anne realised but tried not to look at him, Ruby happened to notice too.

Gilbert then threw a bit of his chalk at her, the same thing happening. He picked up the apple, glancing at the teacher multiple times. Y/n kept her eyes on her chalkboard.

Josie then seemed to notice as well as Gilbert went up to Anne's desk and knelt down "Whoops." Ruby watched Gilbert who was trying to speak to Anne "Hey." Gilbert tugged on her hair and said "Carrots."

Anne angerly stood up and shouts "I'm not talking to you!" She strikes Gilbert's face with her chalkboard.

The whole class gasped as the apple dropped out of Gilbert's hand. Conversations and laughter broke out as Anne realised what she had done, looking down at her new broken chalkboard.

Gilbert hid his smile as he said "You just did."

He looked at Y/n, who had a hand over her mouth. Gilbert winked at her before sitting back down at his desk.

"Shirley!" Mr Phillips yelled "Get up here now! What a vicious display!" He wiped one part of the chalkboard clean as he angerly said "Is this what they taught you in that orphanage? Unacceptable!"

Gilbert and Y/n look at each other, guilty looks on their faces, as Anne walked up to the board. Mr Phillips began writing 'Ann Shirley has a very bad temper.'

"Now, stand here and stay put, and the rest of you pipe down!" Mr Phillips shouts "Let this serve as a lesson to you that we do not tolerate such displays of temper, here in a civilised society."

Gilbert stood up "It was my fault. Sir, I, um, I teased her."

"Quiet, Blythe. That is hardly an excuse." Mr Phillips told him and the class chuckled, apart from Y/n and Gilbert "Quiet, all of you, and return to your lesson. Thirty minus six, divided by three equals..."

As everyone started writing, Anne started slowly walking out of the school building, Mr Phillips protesting against it "Where do you think you're going? Get back here. Shirley! Get back here."

She just kept walking. Everyone watching her. She grabbed her hat and began running back to Green Gables.

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Y/n and Gilbert were walking home now, Y/n looked at him "I'm sorry."

"What for?" Gilbert frowned.

"I feel like I made you do that." Y/n said, a guilty feeling I'm her stomach.

Gilbert shakes his head "No, no, no. You told me to try and talk to her. You didn't tell me to pull her hair or call her 'Carrots'." He stands in front of her, stopping them in their tracks. He put his hands on her shoulders "You didn't do anything."

Y/n nods with a sigh "Are you sure?"

Gilbert nods "You never do anything wrong." He kissed his forehead before saying "Now, what's the surprise you have for me?" They began walking again.