The teacher nodded, understanding. "Yes, I suppose that's the case." He pointed at the only empty seat.

I ignored everyone staring at me as I plopped down, sighing for the umpteenth time.

"Alright class," the teacher began, "welcome to your first year of highschool. I hope you are as excited as I am." He, in fact, did not look excited at all. I was of the same opinion.

"So I'm going to pass out an introduction paper," he explained. "Work with the person next to you. The information your filling out is from your partner. But before that, get to know each other."

The usual then: pair up with some random person you don't know, get to know them, and then never talk to them again.

I shook my head and took out my phone, opening up Arcaea, a mobile rhythm game.

I played "Crimson Throne" by Dimier√Lisb on the difficulty Future 10.

As I played the song, the person next to me noticed. "Hey, what game is that?" I didn't know who it was, but I could tell it was a girl.

"Just a game."

"What type of game?"

"A really hard one, I guess."

"It kind of looks like Piano Tiles."

"This is not Piano Tiles."

"Then what is it then?"

I sighed and ignored her, casually tapping and dragging my fingers across the screen at speeds other people might think is impossible.

"You're really good at that game," the girl said.

"I'm decent, I guess."

After the song ended, the results screen displayed that it was a Pure Memory, meaning I did it perfectly.

Finally, I looked up at the girl and sighed. "You can't be serious."

It was the same redheaded girl I bumped into.

"Rude," she huffed.

"What are the odds?" I shook my head. "Damn the plot."

"The name's Trinity," she introduced. "What's yours?"

I looked around to the person at the other side of me. To my dismay, they already had a partner.

"Y/N," I acquiesced, introducing myself.

"Cool name," she smirked.

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes.

"You're not really talkative."

"I get that a lot."

"We should really begin working on the paper."

"Sure, I guess."

I didn't want to get to know her. The more we knew each other, the more she would be involved in the plot.

But nonetheless, we did the assignment and turned it in.

When the bell rung, I was hallway to the door when Trinity called out to me. "Hey, Y/N, do you mind if I sit with you at lunch?"

I exhaled, knowing damn well what'll happen. "Yeah, whatever. But don't you have friends to sit with?"

"Nah, not really," she shrugged. "I really only hang out with my twin brother. Most people here are fake as hell."

"I'm sure my table won't mind," I relented.