"Ours will be grand" Kamal had told Moh when he announced the date he set for the get together.
Kamal couldn't help but smile when he thought of the one thousand and one things he was going to do to make it grand like he said. He just needed his wife to recover fully first, and then he'll give them a big surprise.

The drive to Moh's residence was quiet, safe for the low sound of Abubakr Shatry's voice reciting surah Baqarah. It was a peaceful silence that calmed the soul and brought tranquility to the heart.
Sitting beside Kamal while he held her hand with one hand and manipulated the steering with the other, was something she always looked forward to anytime he drove them. That simple act brought a feeling of togetherness and filled her heart with love.
He had made it a habit that whenever he forgot or she was too impatient to wait for him to hold her first, she would reach for his hand and hold it lovingly in hers. It is safe to say she had become addicted, not only to this particular gesture, but to him as a whole.

Having Kamal stand by her side through the agonizing phase of her recovery was something she treasured with her whole. It was a proof of his love, strength and resilience. He was there to encourage her when she was finding it hard to cope with walking with crutches because of the pain it caused under her arm.
When she started taking baby steps like a toddler, he was there to hold her hands when she was about to fall. And now that she could walk on her own and had regained her strength to some extent, she wanted to resume her housewife duties but Kamal would always remind her to take things easy; that she was still recovering and stress was not good for her, that he was eager for the time when he could pull her by her hair and drag her round their small house when she looked for his trouble, but he would wait patiently for when she recovered fully, so he wouldn't end up breaking her bones again; and she had laughed at how mean he sounded.

On the days when she would be stubborn and cook lunch for them instead of ordering out, he would rant non-stop on how she was supposed to listen to him. Then he would stop her from doing the dishes and any other work until the next day. Two months now, and she feels overly pampered.

"There is love in sharing, you know" Kamal's voice pierced her thoughts and when she turned her face to look at him, her nose collided with his.

"Ouch! Why are you so close?" She rubbed the tip of her nose, slightly moving her head backwards.

"You were drowned in your own thoughts and smiling so beautifully that I wish I could magically get into your head and find out what's making you smile like that" His lips tilted into a half smile.

"Besides, it's been two minutes since I parked the car" He added with genuine curiosity, fixing his gaze on her.

"Stop staring at me like that" She rolled her eyes and opened the door, placing her right leg outside the car.

"My world revolves around you so it makes sense if I zone out thinking about you" She forced back a smile making her way out of the car but she was pulled back even before she could properly stand up. She mentally hit herself for forgetting that Kamal was still holding her hand. The guy was smiling like a loon.

"You can't just run away after making such huge confession" He said, pinning her with his unwavering gaze, though he was still smiling.

"Don't be a bully Mr Kamal and let me go" She said with a small pout, and he shook his head, allowing his smile to become a grin.

"You just said your world revolves around me"

"Yes" She admitted.

"You just zoned out thinking about me"

"Yes"

"And I'm right beside you. It only means you're obsessed with me"

"Yes"