"What of them?" The Emperor asked calmly as he slightly raised one of his eyebrows.

"Why dragon eggs your worshipness?" Daemion asked calmly, hoping his voice didn't carry any emotion that would be insulting.

"It must be quite clear, Prince Daemion. I want the Power of Dragons." The Emperor spoke calmly and gracefully.

"Your nation, of what I have seen and learned for the past ten month, is one of the greatest nations in the known world, Your worshipness." Daemion spoke calmly. "Why would you wish for dragons?"

"My nation has been one of power and greatness, yes. As I have made it so, and so did my father before me and his father before him." The Emperor spoke strongly as he stood up from his throne. "My father was a man hard to impress. Even when I had slew those who dared to claim our throne when I was younger than you are, and yet he was not impressed... but that day..." The mighty God-Emperor spoke as he walked down the stairs calmly. "I remember the day your grandfather conquered seven kingdoms, and how the look on the face of my father changed."

The God-Emperor stood in front of Daemion. Daemion could see that The Emperor was a tall man, for Daemion could that The Emperor was nearly the same height as him, but yet slightly shorter.

"That day, I promised myself that Yi-Ti would one day shall be the greatest empire in the world. I have dedicated my life to achieving my goal, the same as I did the life of my children. They needed a father, but I was anything but. And I will not weep for it, nor wonder what might have been. For I know that a day will come that they will understand." The Emperor spoke gracefully and coldly. "One day you will too."

"As years went by... I realized it is not a will of a single man to ensure the greatness of my nation...The power of dragons is the power that can ensure Yi-Ti's ever-lasting stand as the greatest Empire." God-Emperor LoHan spoke.

"To ride Dragons, one needs the blood of a dragon rider." Daemion spoke calmly, knowing what was to calm.

"I am aware." The Emperor spoke strongly and calmly. "This is why I have accepted to see you myself. For I, myself, can tell you of this." The Emperor continued.

"You shall have Yi-Ti's arms, wealth and ancient knowledge. And in return, I wish for dragon eggs..." The Emperor continued calmly and strongly. "And either you or one of your children will marry into my line." The Emperor spoke. "Which will it be?"

Daemion bit his cheek bloody. Either he had to give his own self to Yi-Ti, or one of his children. To either surrender the idea of ever seeing his beautiful Rhaena, a woman whom he has waited to see since he had left Red Keep all those years ago. Or he had to give a child who was yet to call him "father" to this nation.

Yi-Ti is beautiful... But it is not home... and whomever he thinks of is not... Rhaena... Daemion bitterly thought to himself as another thousand thoughts clashed inside of his head.

"I am not free to marry." Daemion spoke calmly. "And neither will I sacrifice an unborn child for this alliance."

"So you do not wish to honour my wish? Why must I stand with a nation that you represent, when you have asked for my presence for months, and I have granted you this time? Despite how occupied I am with matters of my nation?" The Emperor spoke calmly without his expression changing.

I have come this far and have spent too much time to let this tree to be fruitless. Daemion thought to himself

"Why must I allow one of my own children to become wife or husband to one from your line who may never sit on the Golden Throne?" Daemion asked calmly, keeping the tone of respect. "As far as I am aware, you have no chosen hair."