Chapter II

(This is an AU but still follows the original storyline and some- most of the lines)

"Sergeant MacTavish,"

"Call me soap"

"Lituant, Laswell say they called you ghost

"Actually I believe he prefers to be --"

"That'll do"

Soap closed his mouth shut that second while Shera slightly chuckled. Both of the men stared at the women shocked but not showing it.

"I understand we are enemies but I hope we can put our differences aside and focus on the job at hand," Shera said.

Ghost and soap were looking at her like they thought she was some dumb girl. They may have been 10+ years older than her but she was smart, too smart for her own good.

"Welcome to the 'city of souls'"

"I've never been to Mexico"

"This isn't Mexico, this is las Almas"

"Shepherd's contractors are inbound to reinforce. They're bringing hardware, they'll need room."

"Shadow company?" Shera asked. Soap nodded to her.

"My base is your base"

"I think we should get down to business, where is he (Hassan)?" Shera said. She was one to get straight to the point.

"Cartel safe-house, ten clicks from here, get in"

Shera looks at Iazan, who understands what Alejandro meant and flows off. He uses a different diction to not be seen but to make it there.

"You sure he will make it there?" Ghost asks Shera.

"He's taking a different path to not be seen, I don't want to give people the wrong idea. Well, not yet at least" Shera answers back, getting in the car. Once they all get in.

"This is my second in command, Sergeant Major Rodolfo Parra"

"I'm afraid of Ghosts"

Shera smiled at his comment since she learned Spanish. She wasn't going to admit it aloud but she was also kinda of scared of Ghost.

"You know Spanish?"

"No."

Of course, he didn't know Spanish, Shera thought to herself.

"You will..." Alejandro said as Rodolfo started to drive the car.

A little later.

"White truck, four armed in the back."

Soap started to grab his gun. Shera was Completely shocked. She did her research and knew guns were on the street and was okay with the police. But what truly shocked her was how quick he was to end their lives.

War criminals, that's all she thought. Funny that she was acting like she hasn't done the most war crime out of all of them.

"Hey - tranquile. Easy – that's normal here."

Thank god for Alejandro stopping him, because if he hadn't done it, she would have, physically.

"Guns on the street is jurisdiction of the police"

"Where are the police?"

"Well, Las Almas has a very serious problem"

"There are few here to uphold the laws. And many of those who resist corruption.... Disappear"

Laswell was right, she is too smart for her own good. Shera catches on to the idea that the narcos have a "join or die" policy. She kept that in the back of her head, just in case it would become necessary later.