Rowan tossed and turned in her sleep as her dream self tried to find someone.

She wandered to a house she'd been to countless times before and watched as the boy furiously wrote something down.

"Go to sleep," she whispered. "I need to warn you."

But the boy remained awake for a little while longer, eventually falling asleep at his desk.

She waited until she was sure he was asleep, then stepped into his mindscape.

"Howdy," Rowan said.

The boy frowned. "Who are you and how did you get here?"

"Those are always your first questions."

"You've done this to me before?"

"We talk quite frequently. But you never seem to remember."

"There's a lot going on. You still haven't told me your name."

"Rowan Hunt. Not that it matters, because I know you'll forget again. I'll be seeing you soon, Stiles Stilinski and be aware. Nefarious forces mean to take you over."

"Nefarious forces? I mean, there is an evil Fox Spirit around."

Rowan fell silent a moment. "Precisely." The boy started fading and she frowned. "I'm already waking up. Listen to me, Stiles, you have to fight it."

"Fight what? Rowan, what do I have to fight?!"

But she was gone, and so was he.

When Stiles woke up, he heard a voice telling him to fight something, but he couldn't picture the girl let alone remember her name.

Whoever she was, he had the eerie feeling he'd be meeting her soon.