26

Sara was buzzing around my room at one p.m. After three hours of procrastinating getting up, I finally decided to follow her, who had only just woke up and came to my room.

"What's for breakfast?" she asked hopefully. I ran my hands through my long hair and rubbed the corners of my eyes. Sara had just lifted the curtain in my room and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

"I was thinking we could go out?" I asked. My voice was hoarse.

"Go out? Go out where? Like a main street, a quiet street? A small shop?" she ran around my room looking for something in my wardrobe.

"Don't you have your own clothes?" I asked, getting out of my bed. I flopped the blankets back to where they were originally, so that the bed looked somewhat neater.

"I do... but they aren't Hollywood worthy!" she smiled.

"And I have 'Hollywood worthy' clothes?" I frowned, quickly changing out of my pajamas. I usually didn't change in front of her, but today I felt different. I felt more confident.

"Are these okay for me to wear?" she asked, clearly ignoring my previous question. I looked over her to see the floral playsuit she held up. I was personally going to wear that myself.

"Go ahead..." I groaned. She quickly stripped off her clothes and stepped into the playsuit. I was a few sizes bigger than her, so the top hung low. Her cleavage looked bigger than usual, more than she usually showed off anyway. She began searching through my drawers for shoes, I assumed. She quickly yanked out some black lace up heels which I personally didn't like – even though they were mine.

"I'm ready!" she smiled, reaching into the bag that she had dumped on my floor last night. She pulled out a purple clutch which held her wallet and phone.

She looked down at me, acknowledging what I was wearing. I didn't even realise I had gone for the outfit closest to me, which was a flowing green silk top with a tight black skirt.

"You're wearing that?" she asked, emphasizing on the word 'that'.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?"

"It's a bit casual maybe?"

She didn't know what was casual here and what wasn't. She hadn't even been here 24 hours. I stared at her before swiftly moving across the room to my shoe drawer and pulled out some black boots with heels. I loved wearing these.

"Ready to go?" I asked. Not that I wanted to go anywhere with her.

"Yeah!" she smiled excitedly. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. It fell down beside my thighs. I went to grab the car keys, hoping and praying that Jeremy didn't take the car or he was still gone. If so, we would have to walk to where I wanted to go. I was planning to go to Raw Bite and show her around a bit. That's where I went on my first few days.

But then there was Meredith. I didn't know where I stood with her. She thinks I screwed her friend for fun, when I didn't. I came nowhere near that, more like a kiss or two. She would probably groan at the sight of me and keep her distance. I didn't want that.

Sara flew down the stairs excitedly and waited at the door like a puppy. Only puppies were actually cute. I walked over to the bench loudly and looked in the empty fruit bowl for the keys – which were thankfully there. Jeremy was nowhere to be seen though.

We walked out to the car together and I all I could hear was her jumping around and telling me how excited she was just to be here.

Cool.

On the whole drive to Raw Bite she kept asking questions about absolutely everything. When I finally parked into the only empty carpark, the ride here had never seemed longer. Before I got out I fished through my bag for my purse, when I came across sunglasses. I thought about the life I could soon have and how much my current life is going to change. So I placed them on my head and climbed out of the car, feeling the summer heat on my shoulders.

"This place is nice!" she smiled as she slammed the car door. I looked into the windows and saw how full it was. I hoped there was a table.

She followed me in, where we walked into the cool air that was Raw Bite. Instantly Stacey looked up at me from the counter. Her neutral face broke into a smile when she saw me. She ran around the counter and came towards me, embracing me in a hug. I inhaled the smell of sweat and weak perfume.

"I've been working since six this morning! I'm stuffed..." she complained as she wiped her forehead with her wrist.

"Is anyone else on?" I asked as I looked around the restaurant, wondering if Meredith was around.

"Yeah, there's a few of us on. Everyday been busy lately," she laughed looking around. She placed her hands on her hips and stuck her tongue out to show she was exhausted.

"Do you guys want a table?" she asked after noticing we were standing beside her, waiting.

"Yes please!" I laughed. She took us to a table in the center of everything. I noticed I still had my sun glasses on. Stacey left to collect some menus from under the counter and then came in the direction of our table.

"So here's two menus, and our Wednesday specials are here!" she smiled before flipping a notepad in her hand. She chucked it into the pocket of her apron.

"I'll be back in a few," she smiled before rushing back to serve some customers. I knew I had to talk to Sara now, who was directly in front of me – smiling and wide eyed.

"This place is nice!" she smiled.

Yeah.

"Hi are you ready to order?" asked a males voice from behind me, startling me. I looked up to see Kai, dressed in a slim white shirt and black jeans. He looked exhausted. We both read the menu in silence and when Kai recognized me he stormed off, making it clear to Sara that I knew him.

"What's his problem?" she laughed. It seemed like a big joke to her.

"Um... I'll be back in a second," I groaned getting up from my seat. I needed to make things right with him and Meredith, if she was here that was. I made my way to the counter where he was looking over some things on the screen.

"Kai..."

"What?" he asked in an annoyed tone. I stormed around the counter and pushed him into the room that was behind the counter. Before I knew it my hand was against his chest and he was against the wall of the kitchen, where half a dozen men were staring down at their grills, all cooking different things. I looked around, making sure nobody was staring. I released my grip from his shirt when I saw the expression on his face. Scared.

"Kai I didn't mean to do what I did."

"Okay," he groaned and started to walk away.

"No listen!" I cried and pushed him against the wall, not knowing I was capable of such strength. Now a few men in the kitchen were looking our way.

"Just listen to me, please?" I begged.

"Okay, but be quick," he mumbled straightening out his uniform.

"I'm so sorry. I just want everything to be good between us. Can we please forget everything that happened and just start over?" I cried again.

"Alright, if you want it that way... I'm cool with that," he said calmly.

"Is the feeling mutual here or...?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was going to call you anyway," he smiled, "I'm glad we can start over."

"Where's-" I asked but I was cut off by a bell coming from the dining area, behind the door.

"Hey I end my shift at three... do you want to hang out then?" he asked as he walked out the door, clearly not waiting for my answer. I looked around the café to see a few of the men glare at me.

It was then I realised. Three o'clock. I had something on.

Tristan.

I forgot I had a date with Tristan.

A/N - I get like no reads anymore :(