12◄

Credit: Ken Wakui chapter 259

                                            ☾☽

Izana's piercing gaze set off alarms—call it intuition. The uncertainty of how long you'd be stuck in that room with him fueled a determination to turn the situation to your advantage. Pulling out your phone, you revisited the strange messages, strategically preparing questions for Izana.

Contemplating the idea of calling the unknown number, you hesitated. If it turned out to be Izana, immediate clarity would be gained. However, the potential repercussions of such a revelation weighed heavily on your mind. Being stuck in that room with him made you reserve it as a last resort.

A revelation illuminated your mind like a sudden burst of light. If Izana was the weirdo, then he was undoubtedly a member of Bonten, posing a potential threat to Taiju. Moreover, if he indeed was the weirdo, he could be the key to finding Mikey.

The most crucial detail in your possession regarding the weirdo was his fixation on you.

Putting your phone away, you raised your gaze to the purple-eyed man who leaned casually against the wall, a cocky grin adorning his face, his eyes locked onto yours. "Taiju sent me to look after you," he stated matter-of-factly, his tone oozing with self-assurance.

His grin seemed like a challenge, and you were more than ready to accept it. A woman of allure and charm, you knew how to wield the power of infatuation to your advantage.

"How kind of him."

"What, would you prefer someone else come to your aid?" he teased, his eyes locking onto yours with a playful glint.

You chuckled playfully, "Depends, do you want to help me?" As you spoke, your eyes lingered on his, causing his smile to widen ever so slightly. 

"Izana, at your service," he playfully bowed.

"You seem to be a man that knows a lot, being a liaison between Tomon and the Black Dragons." 

Izana's grin remained, but there was a fleeting glint of acknowledgment in his eyes. "Information is a valuable currency. A liaison merely ensures that the trade is prosperous for all parties involved."

You gracefully shifted your body to face his direction, a subtle sway in your movements, and asked, "Can you explain this to me? Why do you always seem to orbit around pivotal events, yet remain untouched, much like at the bar, and now?"

Adding onto your statement, you leaned in slightly, a teasing glint in your eyes, "It's as if you know more than others, don't you think, Izana?"

Izana's eyes gleamed with a mixture of amusement and something else you couldn't quite decipher. "Sharp. It's not knowledge, it's anticipation. Life is a chessboard, and I make my moves carefully." His response held a defensive edge, a subtle guard rising in his demeanor as he spoke.