Check and Mate

Adhi started spending days in stress, he became more sensitive for kavya, if kavya would get late on her inspection rounds or village visits he would start getting panic attacks.. kavya couldnt understand how to deal with it..
"Adhi hum tumhari taqat banna chahte hai, tumhari kamzori nhi" said kavya looking at Adhi who was sleeping by her side.. it was early morning and kavya couldnt sleep whole night as she was concerned and worried about Adhi,
she spoke to Navya about Adhi's condition as she was persuing medical education, Navya assured her that she will consult her psychiatric professor and get help..
the same day afternoon kavya got Navya's call, "Didi please come to college my professor wants to share something important" said Navya
an hour later
kavya and Navya were sitting in front of the psychiatrist
"Mrs Pradhan I had treated his sister too in the past" confessed the psychiatrist surprising kavya "I have some confession to do about it, Anusha pradhan had also started with the same panic disorder which eventually led to mental instability and death due to drug overdose" said psychiatrist "why did she use to get them" asked Kavya, "She had a fear that her father will kill her husband" said psychiatrist "what? she was married?" asked kavya "yes she was and when her husband tried to stand against her father out of fear of defamation he shot him and threatened me on my family's name to give her high doses of medicines so that she gets a memory loss, and one fine day I got the news of my permanent transfer to this govt college and followed by the news of Anusha's death" said psychiatrist. "you mean your prescribed medicines caused her death? " asked Kavya, "No Mrs Pradhan even after him threatening me I gave her right medicines to stabilise her mental health, I lied to him"said psychiayrist, "Then how did she die?" asked Kavya.. "even I am not sure but when Anusha's body came for forensic postmortem that doctor got a call from an unknown number threatening him not to touch the body and write reason of death as drug overdose indicating that she in her depressed state took more tablets than prescribed which eventually led to her death" said psychiatrist "and how do you know all this?" asked her.. "that forensic doctor happened to be my best friend, he called me that night and conveyed all the details regarding the call and actual possibility of death" said psychistrist " can I meet him?" asked Kavya "unfortunately he died in a car accident just a few minutes after his call" said psych "yes Mrs Pradhan you are thinking it right, my friends death was also not accident but a murder and so was Anusha's" said psychiatrist "what was the actual possible cause of death sir?"asked kavya "He told me that it was asphyxia with out any marks of rope on her neck so probably somebody has killed her keeping a pillow on her face" said psychiatrist. " these are some medications you give it to your husband he will be cured but please be carefull"said him.. Kavya was now scared not of Giriraj but scared for her beloved husband.. after knowing all the incidents of his sister she could now relate to actual cause of Adhi's silent behaviour him distancing himself from her from the day one he realised he loves her, and when ever he showed courage to stand by her, he was threatened to lose her, which had slowly made a very big impact on his mind leading to his panic attacks.. she was lost in thoughts when her phone rang, it was from the office asisstant Adhik she answered it quickly "Madam where are you Adhi sir is feeling uneasy and finding difficult to breath he is asking for you repeatedly, "I am on my way Adhik ji please put the call on speaker"requested kavya.. Adhik put on the speaker and kept the phone near him " Adhiraj I am okay, on my way. bas abhi 5 min me pahunchjaungi" claimed kavya.. Adhi's breath came to normal on listening to her.. he drank some water and Adhik helped him to sit straight on chair.. "Adhi I am feeling hungry will get some luch for us, kya khaoge?" asked her trying to distract him.. "I dont want anything bas abhi wapas aajao kavya"said Adhi, just when kavya eneterd his cabin struggling to breath as she had run all the way to reach him as soon as possible seeing her Adhi cane and hugged her.. Adhik and other staff who were in his cabin left to give them privacy.. Kavya caressed adhi's back and asked him to relax.. she called the driver to arrange a car as they will ve leaving home now.. she helped Adhi to sit in car and before the car starts she called out for Adhik and informed him to check the letter she kept on their table and left from there...
Kavya looked at Adhi and smiled she caressed his cheek bringing his attention towards her. "Adhi, me hamesha tumhare sath hoon"said kavya.. for which adhi just looked on with his fear filled anxious eyes.