CH 13

Today was the Canucks/Devils game. Today was also the day that Cecily was going to meet Quinn's family. Quinn told her everything was going to be okay, but she couldn't help being nervous about it anyway. The dinner was planned to be at 5:00 so they could eat before the game, which meant sitting with his parents at the game also.

"Cec, are you ready? We need to leave in a couple of minutes." Quinn said as he walked into his bedroom where Cecily was dressing. He was fumbling with his tie when he saw his girlfriend in tears and clothes thrown all over the bed. He dropped his tie and walked over to the overwhelmed girl.

"Baby, you don't have to go if you're not up for it. I can tell them you'll be at the game." Quinn whispered to comfort the girl. Cecily shook her head as Quinn wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I'm just nervous and I can't for the life of me decide what I want to wear. I don't want to look bad, but I'm literally going to a hockey game after dinner." Cecily said. Quinn smiled at the girl as his head tilted to the side slightly.

"Let me help you." Quinn said as he moved to the bed and picked out certain clothes. He chose black flare leggings, a white hoodie, and his canucks t-shirt. He gave the clothes to Cecily and then quickly ran out of the room just to come back with his away jersey in hand.

"Wear this too." Quinn smiled as Cecily pulled the clothes on. Quinn helped her into his jersey. When she was ready he planted a kiss on her cheek and grabbed her hand to walk out of the door.

"Does my makeup still look okay? I know I was crying but waterproof doesn't always mean tearproof." Cecily laughs slightly. She's still nervous, but Quinn being with her helped her calm down slightly.

"I think you look amazing." Quinn says with a smile on his face. The pair starts their way to dinner.

...

The first thing that Cecily noticed when her and Quinn made it to the table was Ellen's bright eyes and smile. It's like Quinn has never brought home a girl before.

"You must be Cecily! I'm Ellen. My husband is Jim, the boys are Jack and Luke. I bet you already know who is who." Ellen says as she takes Cecily's hands in her own, pulling her in for a hug. Quinn didn't sit down until Cecily was sitting down with him.

"Why'd you choose Quinn when you could bag anyone in the NHL?" Jack asks right away with an eyebrow raise. Quinn glares at this brother. Luke was laughing slightly in his chair.

"Don't be rude, Jack." Jim says. Jack instantly looks offended.

'That's a compliment! Saying she could get anyone." Quinn rolls his eyes at his brother as he places a hand on Cecily's leg.

"You're jealous aren't you? Because he thinks him pretty?" Cecily whispers to Quinn. He shakes his head and tries to not make eye contact with Cecily. Cecily giggles as she turns her head to the rest of the family.

"So, how'd you meet Quinner?" Luke asks. Everyone at the table seemed to be intrigued by the question, even though Quinn had already told them.

"Well, I started working with Daniel. He works with interviews and questions for players, and Quinn was one of those players so we got acquainted then. Then I was in line at a coffee shop and he happened to be there too so we talked." Cecily said with a smile.

"Then she became best friends with Brock so he drug me everywhere with her." Quinn adds on. Cecily shrugs.

"Not like you had anything better to do." Cecily says. Quinn nods with a smile.

"Tell us about your family." Ellen says. Cecily nods.

"Well, I have a younger brother, Simon. He's going to college at St. Ambrose University. My parents, Mariana and Nick, are living in Iowa." Cecily says. It's been a while since she's talked to her parents last. She talks to her brother all the time, though.

"Iowa, huh? Definitely a little different than over here." Ellen smiles.

...

The dinner went well, in Cecily's opinion. She got along with his family and started to get to know his brothers outside of their well-known name. Jack was REALLY open and funny and Cecily liked that about him. She felt invited into the family. Luke was a bit more quiet, but he could talk someone's ear off if he wanted too.

So now there she was with Quinn's parents in the stands of the hockey game. The Canucks were winning, which was something very unexpected. All they had was a one goal lead though. Then Quinn got slammed into the boards. Everything stopped. Cecily froze in her seat. He wasn't getting up. She resisted the urge to call out his name.

"It was just a hard hit right? Nothing to be scared about?" A Canucks fan said from behind her. She turned her head to look at Ellen and Jim. They didn't look like they were too worried, but Cecily could tell they were by the way Ellen's hand shook and the way Jim was holding onto Ellen's arm.

People started clapping and that turned Cecily's attention back to the ice in front of her. Quinn was getting up, but he wasn't skating the smoothest. He slowly got off the ice and before he disappeared down the tunnel he gave Cecily a painful look. He turned back to the person guiding him off the ice and said something Cecily couldn't understand. She wasn't good at reading lips and was too far away from Quinn to pick up what he said even a little.

"Go make sure he's okay." Ellen said from next to her. Cecily looked at her and Jim for a split second.

"Am I allowed to do that? I don't even know where to go." Cecily said sort of quietly. Ellen nodded at the girl. She stood and Cecily did too.

"I'll walk you there, but I won't go in with you." Ellen said as she walked to the nearest flight of stairs.

...

The two made it to the door that Quinn was behind. Ellen stopped walking and Cecily looked after her.

"Do you want me to tell you how he's doing or do you want him to tell you?" Cecily asked. Ellen smiled at the girl.

"Have him text me if anything is extremely wrong." Ellen said as she ushered Cecily to the door. She knocked on it and the same girl who was with Quinn when he got off the ice opened the door. She smiled upon the sight of Cecily.

"I was just coming to get you. Quinn is in the room on the right." The girl pointed to the door Quinn was behind. Cecily thanked her and walked over to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it. The first thing she saw was Quinn sitting on a doctor's table with his back and head leaning against the wall behind him. He opened his eyes and looked at the door because of the sound of it opening. He smiled as he saw Cecily.

"Hey Q." Cecily said as she closed the door behind her. Quinn smiled and immediately opened his arms for Cecily.

"Hey Cec. I just sent someone to go get you... how'd you get here so fast?" Quinn asks as Cecily walks into his embrace.

"Ellen told me I should go to see you after you were escorted off the ice. She led me here and the girl opened the door right after I knocked." Cecily said. Quinn nodded.

"So, what's the damage?" Cecily asks after her smile flattened. Quinn shrugged.

"It's nothing terrible. Just a hard hit that made me extremely woozy. I'll probably have to sit out the next game, but at least it's not a broken bone." Quinn said. Cecily breathed out a breath of relief.

"You scared me out there." Cecily said with a smile.

"Yeah?" Quinn said. Cecily nodded.

"I never want to see you get hurt, Quinn. So, please, don't make me have to." Cecily said with a serious, but yet calm face. Quinn shook his head.

"I promise I won't. At least not on purpose." Quinn said with a smile as he looked Cecily in the eyes. Cecily smiled at the boy in front of her.

"I should probably go back to my seat now. I'll be back down here when the game ends." Cecily said to Quinn. Quinn nods as Cecily leans into Quinn, planting a kiss on his lips before she pulls away.

A/N: I've been writing for this book a lot lately and this chapter was a lot longer than it was supposed to be. Next chapter is in the words and about halfway through.