Chapter 1: Origins

Start from the beginning

Professor Rowan overlooked the hordes of onlookers who had quickly found out his identity with irritation, now wasn't the time for paparazzi. Having caught his breath, he gave one last look at the ground underfoot, preparing himself for the shouting match that he was about to endure. It wasn't his favourite part about the job, though nowadays many of the supposed 'perks' of being the Champion seemed more like curses he was forced to bear. Unable to continue his pursuit of science, or his love for adventure in a far-off region. Rowan had to deal with the petty-squabbles amongst trainers and the government, constant media-circuits, and so forth.

If he had had some better sense, Rowan would have ditched the title years ago when he realised what the job really meant, but his morals kept him shackled. Sinnoh currently faced too many threats on all sides, and the current generation of trainers couldn't match up. He could only hope that sooner or later some new-blood trainer would come along and do away with the old-guard like himself. He was already getting too old for the lime-light, and he certainly didn't mesh well with the life. Unlike his contemporary, Oak, in the Kanto region, who appeared to relish in the spotlight as Champion. That man was a blockhead either way, not knowing his Poliwrath from his Politoed.

He had procrastinated long enough, steeling himself one last time, practically able to hear the childish arguing from out here. With a final breath, he began his march forward into the castle. At least for now, Rowan was the Champion, and he had to act like it. A Champion couldn't be seen acting weak or indecisive, they represented their region. And as long as he held the position, he would serve Sinnoh with dignity and diligence.

====================

Rowan's footfall echoed loudly within the hallowed halls of the Pokémon, and yet it was still not as loud as the voices in the adjacent conference room. "May I REMIND you Palmer. The Elite Four does not take SUGGESTIONS from the Pokémon Association. WE give you the authority to act on OUR behalf for the betterment of the region's health. And WE withhold the power to withdraw such authority." The Champion closed his eyes, hoping that the ever energetic and proud Palmer would hold his tongue at least until he himself had arrived. He would have no such luck.

As he crossed the long hallway towards the conference room, Rowan soon noticed a lean figure in purple standing leant up against the wall, outside the meeting. A younger man, no older than twenty, wore a wide-brimmed purple hat and suit-jacket. His angular features stood out underneath the mess of hair, with bright purple eyes. He certainly keeps to his colour palette, Rowan thought to himself. 

It wasn't long however until the young man noticed the Champion, straightening his back and lowering his head in respect

It wasn't long however until the young man noticed the Champion, straightening his back and lowering his head in respect. Rowan raised his hand slightly, not one for formal greetings, and they both knew each other personally. Down by the purple man's legs, a young Pokémon stood upright with big, wide eyes. It too bowed it's head, though more so in an attempt to mimic it's trainer. The Champion smiled at the small blue, baby canine. It's black fur around it's eyes giving it the appearance of a bandit, A Riolu.