"Okay," I say softly.

I would never suggest Xander and Carlo switching to my lunchtime, instead of me accommodating them.

"Go ahead to your first class, I just need to speak with the principal," Elijah says, "Good luck on  your first day. Make sure if there's any problems, you find one of the twins, or you call me immediately, understand?"

"Yes," I say, standing up as he helps me slide my bag back on my bag, "Bye, 'Lijah," I say.

He pauses at the nickname before smiling slightly, "Bye, Maddie, have a good day at school."

I walk out of the office and into the lion's den.

I walk into my first class, the woman looks at me over her glasses, "Take a seat, young lady."

"Yes, ma'am," I say politely, sitting at one of the empty desks.

She shuts the classroom door and looks at me again before looking at her student sheet.

No. No. No. No. No. Nononononono—

"Class, give a warm welcome to Madison Rossi," She says.

I hear chatter behind me and I want the floor to swallow me whole. "Miss Rossi, please raise your hand so the class can see you."

I hesitantly raise my hand.

I sit there awkwardly as she begins the lesson, the teacher seems to be overall oblivious to everything going on behind her while she's teaching.

The girl in front of me turns around and looks at my face almost judgmentally, "Are you related to Xander and Carlo?"

"Um...Yeah, they're my older brothers," I say.

"Hm. Sorry for you," She says.

She must see the confusion on my face, "You haven't heard? Your brothers aren't just fuckboys, they're pretty dangerous. How don't you know, I thought you guys were siblings," She says, rolling her eyes and turning to the front.

What?

My next few classes go pretty much the same way, and any hope I had of getting new friends dissipates by lunch. Everyone knows me as the twins' little sister, and I've come to the realization that everybody who's scared of the twins, avoids me.

So at lunch, I walk into the cafeteria full of upperclassmen with my tray and sit at the only empty table I can find. I find familiarity in the loud chatter, it seems to be the only thing familiar to my old school is the hundred teens yelling over each other to people right beside them.

"Hey, baby sis."

Carlo drops his tray down beside me on the table and sits down. I huff, they won't just leave me alone.

"Damn, Mads. That's no way to treat the person you love the most," He says, clutching his heart.

Xander sets his tray down on my other side, sitting down so I'm in the seat between them, they'd definitely catch me if I tried to bolt now. If all eyes weren't on me before, they definitely are now.

Xander doesn't even say anything, he just types intensely into his phone.

"You couldn't have just used your phone over there?!" I hiss.

"You couldn't have just breathed quieter?" Xander retorts.

"What?" I say, not only does that not make sense.

"Don't you guys have friends?" I say as Carlo makes himself comfortable taking a bite out of his cheeseburger.

"Don't you have friends? You're the one sitting alone at lunch," Xander claps back, "Eat your lunch, don't think being away from home is an excuse to not eat."