34

The next day, Sofia joined the work; she and Alex met, and he told her everything that had happened in the previous days.

Sofia sobbed and apologized to him for what she had done.

It's okay; sometimes things don't go as planned, but be careful, okay, I'm always there for you.

how about Marco? Is he willing to forgive me? I asked, still crying, because he hadn't talked to her or even come in front of her since that day.

He's hurt, you know how much he loves and is crazy for you. This is still hard for him; give him time, and everything will be OK.

Thank you for everything, Alex, from the first day to now. She told him to hug him.

Never feel alone; I'm always here for you.

He'd want to meet you. After some time, Alex spoke as they sat on the chair.

Why? She asked.

I'm not sure how he found out you were pregnant. She glanced at him in disbelief.

What...?, How?

I'm not sure, but he's asking me about it and wants to meet you. Do you? He asked her.

Should I or shouldn't I? She questioned herself as if she were a battling between thoughts.

You should, in my opinion. I know he's bad, but some parts of him are still good; he just needs the love and care that he's lost, and at the end of his life, you may say whatever he wants to hear or feel. But, in the end, it's your decision. Alex patted her head.

After two days at the police station,

Mr. Neo Diaz, Someone has come to meet you. He was told by the police guard.

Who? He asked, confused. Because no one in the world is there for him, he wonders who is.

Don't know, that person in the waiting room. Go find yourself; you have only 10 minutes. That constable walked away. And he also came out of prison and walked to the waiting room, but as he opened the door, he was shocked.

Sofia. He said this while staring at her with wide eyes, as if he couldn't believe she was right in front of him. Sofia, on the other hand, was standing in the corner of the room. He said his name for the first time, and hearing her name from him sounded so lovely that she didn't know what to do or how to react. Her hand began to tremble. They exchanged glances as if they hadn't seen each other in a long time.

Hii.. i..i.. she wanted to say something but nothing came out of her mouth, and before she could, he ran to her and fiercely embraced her. And she felt herself breaking down into his grip.

I miss you. This is the first thing he says.

After the break, they stared at each other and hugged while Neo touched his face.

Are you all right? He asked, and she nodded.

I sorry. Sorry for what I did to you, and sorry for playing with your feelings. She said this after holding the word for a long time, and tears began to fall down her cheeks.

No, you don't have to. I know this will happen to me because of what I did. I realise I'm wrong, but my thinking had become so poisonous that I couldn't see anything.

I sorry. She stated that she was hugging him once more.

Did you regret it? He asked her

You love me. While holding her hand, he said that. I do too. You see, I've never been afraid of anything, and since I've never felt alive, I've never been afraid of dying either. But when you came in, everything changed; you gave me a sense of life. I want to live, live with you, and love you now that I am selfish, but my karma will come to me eventually. He told her to dry her eyes.

I genuinely love you, Sofia. I am aware of who I am and what I did, but despite everything, I still love you. You changed me.

I love you, Neo, they said as they hugged once more.

Is it true that you are expecting a child? When they were sitting on the bench, he inquired for a while. She then turned her gaze downward.

What will you do after this? She turned to face him as he asked.

Do you want to keep our child or... He asked again, his gaze fixed on her.

I don't know.

You know, one time you asked me what my dream was? and she looked at me confused.

You know, I stopped dreaming after my mother died, but I had a dream after that day. It's all about you; live a happy life and have a family with you. gonna love you for the rest of my life. Could you please keep our child? He asked, hesitated, and she just looked at him.

I know I asked for much, and I'll never get the chance to live with you again, but this is our love; can you do it? He requested, his face filled with happiness and affection.

Neo. Before she could finish her sentence, the constable arrived to remind them that their meeting time was over and took Neo to prison.

After a few seconds, they both stared at each other. I have to go, he replied, taking her hand in his.

He wants to say more but is unable to do so because he is aware that a guard can hear them. He took one more look before heading out.