Chapter 1

It's dark.

Warm.

And peaceful.

Is this death?

I like it.

I don't want to leave.

It's not like I have a reason to live.

When I find one it would leave me.

Like mother.

Ron.

My family.

Roan kingdom.

Everyone.

Everything.

.

.

.

I'm sorry my child.

Who...?

I'm sorry I was late.

Shut up, your loud

I'm sorry you had to lose so much.

I told you to be quiet.

I will give you a second chance. Please be happy this time.

What do you mean?

.

.

.

Hey! What do you...

"Mean..." Cale woke up drenched in sweat. He sat up but had to lie back down due to his throbbing headache.

Where?

He looked around the room he was in. I died though? Is this heaven? The bed is so soft, I haven't slept on a bed for a decade. His hand brushed the bed he was on.

But why do I feel like shit? Like I can't move my arm. I feel so heavy. Cale raise his hand to his head.

Why is my hand so white and smooth? He suddenly felt wide awake, inspecting the room closer.

Wasn't this my room? Why am I here? Grabbing his head he realised that it was bandaged. But I didn't hit my head?

Cale was thinking what as happening when he remembered the last thing he heard.

I will give you a second chance.

Second chance... at life? Then, is this that time? He felt shivers down his spine as he remembered getting beat up. I don't regret it though.

Is this the day after that then?

Knock knock knock

"Young master, are you awake?"

Hans? Oh right he's alive right now.

"Yeah"

"Would you like to eat something?"

"Bring a meal to my room." Cale needed some time to think by himself.

After a few minutes Hans brought a simple dish.

"Young master, since you have been unconscious for two days, I ordered an easy meal for you" Hans said bowing.

"Okay. You can leave now"

Hans bowed again and quickly left. When he was leaving the room, he sighed with relief. I'm glad he didn't throw anything at me. The sigh didn't escape Cale's ears.