Chapter 1. Little Goldfish

Start from the beginning

As for the apartment upstairs 251, it was not rented out yet when she deposited her money.

Yes, you did not see it incorrectly. Her apartment number was 249, while the apartment number upstairs was 251.

Only these two apartments were available when she wanted to rent.

The landowner was something else. He divided the neighbourhood into two sections with two separate exits, namely Section 1 and Section 2. Section 1 started with the number 1, while section 2 started with the number 2. The two sections were numbered separately, and she was in number 49.

She asked if they had apartment number 250, but they told her that they didn't have it. Even if they did, they wouldn't be able to rent it out.

[Important TN: Calling someone 250 (二百五) meant that that person is stupid, incredulous, shameless and increditable.]

Indeed, there was no reason to rent an apartment number 250 if they were capable enough to rent a place here.

"Won't you lose your way easily?" A worker of the moving company, Kang Jing, blinked in curiosity. He didn't think it was a good arrangement. It would be easier to separate it by buildings.

"No, there are signs around. I think it's pretty good and creative. There are around twenty buildings, and each building houses five apartments. I don't care how he numbers it – perhaps the landowner likes peculiarity."

Kang Jing nodded. The landowner sounded peculiar to him too. The facilities in the neighbourhood were built differently as well, showing off its distinctive characteristic.

Shu Shu smiled at him when her phone rang. It was an unknown number, but she took the call.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Lisa... you moved away?"

Lisa's  face darkened. Sehun.

"None of your business!"

"Lisa, you are not like this in the past?"

"Then what should I be like?"

"Lisa, don't be so cruel to me. There's really nothing between me and Liu Xuyan."

"Huh, yeah, there's nothing between you. You've only slept together."

She hung up the phone and blacklisted the number.

Lisa looked fierce but she had a fragile heart. She could not forgive betrayals.

After the workers walked away, Lisa let out a deep sigh. Don't be hot-tempered. Don't get angry.

She slowly headed towards her floor. When she reached, she saw two groups of people standing at the door.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, they're on the way. They want to move their things, and so do we!"

Initially, Kang Jing was not in a rush. The speed didn't matter to him when he helped their client move. But! The opposing moving company was the one who kept stealing their clients away, so he didn't want to compromise.