006

As we were flying back to the cove, Astrid was coming up with theories on the Nest, and that horrible creature.

"No, it totally makes sense. It's like a giant beehive," she explained, "They're the workers, and that's their queen. It controls them." We landed, and she immediately hopped off Toothless. "Let's find your dad."

"No, no! Not yet," I ran in front of her. "They'll... kill Toothless and Comet."

"Astrid, we have to think this through carefully," Hiccup stood next to me.

"Hiccup, Iris, we just discovered the Dragons' Nest. The thing we've been after since Vikings first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret?!" she exclaimed. "To protect your pet dragons?! Are you serious?!"

"Yes," he nodded, keeping a straight face.

"Okay," she was a little taken aback, "Then what do we do?"

"Just give us till tomorrow," I sighed, "we'll figure something out." I nudged his shoulder, slightly smiling at him.

"Okay," she gave in.

She looked up at me and punched me in the arm.

"That's for kidnapping me," she told me.

I gave her a look, lightly laughing. She tucked her hair behind her hair, then grabbed Hiccup by the shirt and pulled him in for a kiss.

"That's for..." she was trying to find the right words, "everything else."

She then ran off, and I was confident she would keep our secret. I smiled at my brother, and he looked up at me.

"What?" he questioned.

"She totally likes you," I glanced in the direction she ran.

"Shut up," he shook his head, laughing, "don't think I don't see you with Tuff."

I was about to say something, but knew it wasn't worth it to argue. I knew Tuffnut had a crush on me, and I was always going back and forth about him. We looked over at the dragons who were staring at us.

"What're you looking at?" he joked.

xxx

"Well, I can show my face in public again!" Dad joked while he was on the stand in front of the village. "If someone had told me that in just few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training... Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad." He laughed, the village joining in. "Yes! And you know it! But here we are. And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am. Even though I expected this from Iris, I'm still proud of her for trying. Especially pushing through a nasty burn from a Nadder." He looked at me, and smiled, so I smiled back. "Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!"

Everyone cheered, and I just sighed, turning back to the Arena. I was sitting with the group, and Astrid told me she wanted to talk to my brother before the event. Ruffnut hit me on the shoulder, and I turned around to face her.

"What?" I asked.

"Aren't you excited?" she questioned. "I mean, it's your brother down there for Thors sake."

"Not really..." I turned back around.

"Aw, c'mon," she sighed, "I'm sure the Nightmare won't burn him up to bad."

"It's not the dragon I'm worried about..." I looked over to my dad, who was taking a seat in his chair.

Hiccup then entered the ring, the gates shutting behind him. He put on his helmet, and walked over to the weapon rack. He took a shield, and small knife, and dad made a subtle comment on it. My brother took a deep breath, before looking at Gobber.