chapter 2 -coming home

Koda couldn't sleep on the plane, making her jet lag even worse then it would have been, she already could feel sleep tugging at her eyelids. Her mom, step sister  and stepdad sat in a diffrent row then her, leaving her alone which she was honestly thankful for.

The brown haired girl couldn't wait until they reached Australia, she'll finally be home with the opportunity to escape to a friend's house. She was trying to think of a way to get to the final tryouts for Nationals, knowing Micheal wasn't going to take her. The plane shuddered as the tires met the asphalt runway.

Though she couldn't sleep her eyes were closed, but as soon as she knew they landed her eyes opened rather quickly as she waited for the sign to light up saying they could stand and get off the plane, once it turned green the girl was up in a flash, moving past people with a large grin on her face to reach the outside world.

The warm air hit her and it was a welcome feeling as the past few months in America with winter approaching it was fairly cold, something Koda didn't do well with but none of that mattered anymore. "Koda aren't you going to help Samantha with her carryon?" Michael's voice broke through the peace and her lips curled slightly into almost a animalistic snarl but she let that fade before she turned around to face him.

"No I am not." She said with certainty as she looked at the man, angry dashing across his face before he forced a smile. "What do you mean no?"
"If you can't take some time to drive me to Nationals after I wasted five months of my life doing that modeling gig with you people I'm not helping the pathetic princess." Koda said like she was simply dismissing the fact someone forgot something simple, she did it almost uncaringly. The man narrowed his eyes at her. "You better--" but his voice was cut off. "No way! Kods!!"

Koda turned and smiled when she saw Summer, walking towards her. The two girls met halfway with with a embrace. "Summer! What are you doing here?" Koda asked happily, though the tiredness in her voice showed strongly. "I'm here for Nationals." That stunned Koda. She pulled back from teh hug to be met with Summer's grinning face. "I'm good now, Hawaii. "

"Perfect since she's going to Nationals as well you can just go with her for the next couple of days." Micheal said with a smile that showed his disgust for his stepdaughter.  Summer remember the man, linking arms with Koda she held herself high. "I'll gladly take Koda with us, better then her being around a prick like you." The American girl said simple before turning and walking her and Koda towrads the baggage claim, Koda thankful for a friend like her. Abigail caught up to Koda. "Remember to wear this, when you are surfing." She handed her a long piece of fabric that would tye around her waist and leg to hide the healing shark bite.

The trio got the Torres' rental car, heading towrads the Gibson household. Summer looking out the window with a wide smile on her face, Koda in the back seat with her eyes closed. "Hey, Ma, could you try and look a little more excited? We made it!" Summer said happily, a soft chuckle leaving Koda at her enthusiasm.

"Unfortunately, we can't check in until three." Margot said before pressing a button on the car screen. "Call Abbie." She instructed. Koda arched her eyebrow as she opened her eyes. "Wasn't you both coming supposed to be a surprise?" She questioned.

"Oh, no, no, no, no." Summer said quickly as she reached over and pressed the hang up button before Abbie Gibson could answer the phone. Summer turned to look at Margot. "We've been away a whole year, Koda's correct. Do you not understand the conceptof a surprise?" Summer asked her mom. "Not everyone likes surprises." Margot commented, her eyes remaining on the road as she drove, she already sounded tired but wither it was from the trip or already from Summer was unseen. The two had their moments of not getting along. Koda knew they had their problems but they still cared for each other, Koda wished her and her mom could be like that. "They're gonna love this one." Summer said surely, a broad smile on her face as she turned back to face out the window. "I'm sure they will." Koda assured her with a grin.