What's Hurting On The Inside

After Kevin learned that he had inherited $250 million dollars in both checking and saving (basically $500 million in his bank account), Kevin made some changes. First he legally changed his last name to Grayson to honor the memory of his late friend/brother figure Dick Grayson, and then Kevin decided to hire a private therapist to help him cope with everything that's been happening to him. It had been two weeks since Kevin became a multi-millionaire. During that time, Wonder Woman wound up in a coma thanks to Captain Atom, Clark killed Oliver (Green Arrow) and broke Bruce's back, paralyzing him, but not before Bruce was able to replicate the super serum that Luthor had developed.

But now, Bruce was a wanted fugitive, and Superman was hellbent on finding Bruce, no matter the cost

But now, Bruce was a wanted fugitive, and Superman was hellbent on finding Bruce, no matter the cost. It was a couple weeks later, and Kevin was driving back to Wayne Manor after speaking with his therapist. The moment Kevin parked his car, he saw Superman outside Wayne Manor. Kevin sighed unenthusiastically, "oh joy..." Superman glared at Kevin and demanded, "get out of the car. Now." Kevin sighed, in no mood for this. He got out the car and sarcastically asked, "what were you gonna do if I said no? Kill me like you killed Oliver? Some hero you turned out to be."

"Your father, Beaumont. Where is he?!?!?!" Clark snapped. "It's Kevin Grayson to you," corrected Kevin. Superman's eyes started to glow with heat as he threatened, "I'm in no mood to play games with you, Kevin. If you don't tell me where Bruce is right now-" Kevin interrupted, "you'll what? You've already done enough to destroy my life. Not only have you robbed me of a chance to see my father ever again, but now the woman I once called my mother believes you're right and I'm wrong, and she believes I'm unworthy to be called her son! As far as you and I are concerned, I'm dead to my own mother, so what would it matter to you anyway?" Clark got close in Kevin's face and asked with calm anger, "where's Batman?"

"I don't know," said Kevin, "he hasn't called me and told me where exactly he and Alfred have hidden off to. If you know my father well, you would know he's clearly not contacting me to ensure I'm safe. So trust me when I say, I literally have no idea where my dad is." Clark listened to Kevin's heartbeat, and he sighed in defeat. "You know what the worst part about what you just said is?" Clark rhetorically asked, "You're telling the truth, so I have no choice but to believe you. Stay out of my way, Kevin Grayson." The Kryptonian turned his back and Kevin said, "You know Superman, I've always been fascinated with all the amazing things your eyes can do. Especially your x-ray vision, because you can go into various modes of x-ray. It's quite amazing that you can see past skin and notice the anatomy of flesh and skeleton, or even a lack thereof. Any doctor would give anything to have your x-ray vision, because with it, I think they would be able to find whatever disease is festering inside the anatomy be it cancer or some dementia, and maybe that doctor would be able to do something about it. And yet, that x-ray vision of yours will never be able to tell what's hurting on the inside for me." Superman gave Kevin a cold, indifferent, and unsympathetic look, and then flew off, leaving Kevin.