Domestic Dreams

word count: 336

*̥˚❀ ─ ─ ─ ❀*̥˚

*̥˚❀ ─ ─ ─ ❀*̥˚

Through your sleep you hear your daughter, Grace, crying for food. You sigh and wake yourself up and gently slide out of bed and grab the baby formula from the stash in you room. You walk into the nursery that was once Hope's and scoop up your daughter, shushing her.

"It's okay, my little angel," you coo, giving her the bottle. She hungrily drinks it, content with being catered to so willingly. You stare into the green eyes of your daughter that look so much like her mother.

"She hungry?" your wife's voice asks from behind you, sleep still evident in her tone. You turn around and give her a tired smile.

"Ravenous." Hayley smiles softly at you, her eyes filled with love.

"Can you believe we live like this?" Hayley asks, setting her chin on your shoulder. You turn and kiss her cheek.

"After everything with the Hollow? No. Honestly, I never thought we'd have a normal life ever."

"Normal? Baby, I'm a hybrid, and our daughters are tribrids because of our sperm donor," Hayley laughs. You grin, happy that your nickname for Klaus has spread.

"Normal is a relative term, my love," you remind her.

"This is true."

Grace starts to drift off, and you lay her back in her crib. You and Hayley watch her for a few moments before returning back to your room and closing the nursery door. You climb back into bed, and Hayley pulls you into her arms. You happily settle down, and she kisses your forehead. You look up at her.

"I would like my good morning kiss, now," you pout.

"How could I ever deny my wife such a request?" she asks, kissing you. You smile into the kiss before returning to your previous position.

This is how it was always supposed to be.

*̥˚❀ ─ ─ ─ ❀*̥˚

it would feel like this by girl in red