Chap 15: Sabrina Conner

Start from the beginning

Thwack. The sound makes me open my eyes and I see something different from what I imagined. Hernandez's hand was stretched out in front of my face and the ball was in his hand.

He winces then looks at me, "You okay?", He asks and I nod. He gets up and tosses the ball back to the players.

I look forward and it's like my eyes searches for Noah because I find him instantly and he's looking right at me. We stare at each other and it's almost like it's only us in the field. I blink and I'd like to think that if we were up close he'd say he won.

"Abby.. Abby.. Abby!", I turn to Hernandez whose been tapping me on the arm.

"Huh?", I ask still dazed.

"Lunch's over", he says and I nod.

"Oh.. yeah", I say picking my bag up and my tray.

Callie, Hernandez and I walk out of the field and head to class. Hernandez parts way with us so Callie and I walk to Algebra class. Yeah you heard right.

We get in early with a few people settling down. I quickly rush to the window seat. Callie doesn't question my quick steps she just goes to seat behind me. The whole class groans slightly as they settle down when Mrs Hart walks in. I know I don't really show disturbed expressions or make disturbed sounds when the teacher walks in but when it comes to her I find myself asking why school was invented.

"Is it a pop quiz?", Callie questions from behind and I sigh.

"I wish it was".

**

I slowly pack up feeling both physically and mentally drained. Callie and I walk out of the class looking miserable.

"A heads up would have been great", she says and I feel pity for her. I bet she wasn't expecting that.

We walk through the hallways stopping by Callie's locker so she can get some books for her next class.

"Abby Flenory please report to the principal's office", the principal's voice echoes through the speakers and it's like I freeze. I don't even blink. I know there's a lot of freezing going on today but hey.. I'm certainly not to blame for all this.

Callie turns to me, "Is that you?",

"Maybe there's someone else who goes by Abby Flenory...", I trail trying to think differently, "Ok no it's got to be me", I say using my fingers to fan myself.

"Well.. what does the principal want with you?", She asks and the memory of my detention escape runs through my mind like the road runner himself.

Oh no, oh no they've caught me. What do I do? They're gonna make me rat everyone else and then they'll call our parents and while we wait Mr Warren is going to look at us disapprovingly and we'll have to bear it until our parents come and once they tell them what we've done they'll shake their heads and give us the same disapproving look Mr Warren gave us and then we're gonna get expelled and we'll never get into a good school after that. We'll become societal hooligans and then end up in jail for the rest of our lives!.

"Abby!", Callie yells grabbing my arm and shaking it. I shake the thoughts away then look at her. "The bell just rung", she says then sighs, "I'm going for my next class and whatever it is your being called for I hope it's not bad. Bye", she says then runs off to her next class, leaving me to my fate.

I walk to the principal's office with wobbly legs. I literally have to hold on to a locker every few seconds so I won't fall. My heart's beating so fast and I'm so scared I hope I don't pee myself.

I walk into the reception and then take a seat. Something drops on my folded arms as I sit so I look down at it. It's colorless like water, it's sweat. I touch my forehead and that's alot of sweat coming from a not running Abby.

"Miss Flenory the principal wants to see you now", the receptionist tells me and I help myself up with the help of the chair I'm sitting on.

Slowly but surely I get to the door. I swallow a huge bile in my throat before knocking and getting in.

"Hi Abby, have a seat", Principal Shelby says with a smile and I'm pretty sure that's not how you let someone who escaped from detention into your office. I was expecting a 'Abby I'm so disappointed' or 'Youre in big trouble young lady' or 'Abby you piece of shit get out of my office so I can call your parents'.. okay the last one is a bit too vulgar she can't say that to me since we're in school premises.. but I don't think she'd say that even if we were outside school premises though.

"Um Abby", she calls so I look at her. "You can sit down", she informs me so I walk to her table then take a seat in front of her.

"Well finally. Now I-", she pauses looking at my face with concern, "Is everything alright?", She asks. I'm sweating so much and it looks like I'm going to have a seizure any moment from now.

"Uh.. uh.. ", I stutter unable to get any word out.

"Oh dear", she says then speaks into her telephone. "Marianne please bring a bottle of water, thank you".

I put a hand on my chest trying to control my breathing. It's getting really hard to breath right now and I can barely speak.

"Abby, Abby.. oh dear heavens she's having a panic attack. Marianne!", Principal Shelby runs out of her office. First time I've seen her run or this agitated.

I move down from the chair and to the floor it seems too high for me now. I just need air.. and also the thought of expulsion leaving my head, yeah that too.

I've had just one panic attack in my life and that was in sixth grade. I still remember it as clearly as my cat piss revival. It was recess and I didn't really like going out to play so I stayed in class. I was the only one in the class at that hour, writing peacefully in my diary, until Sabrina Conner came in with her friends. They took my diary and ran away with it. I chased after them and I think everyone knows how fast I am, like a slot so yeah not that fast. Before I could catch up with them they had already started reading it out loud to everyone. I was so scared just like I am now. I cried. I cried so much my heart clenched tightly so tight that I couldn't breath almost like the world had run out of air and I was the only one who noticed. I fell to my knees clenching my chest and gasping for air but no one noticed they were too busy laughing at what was being read out of my Diary. After that day I never had a diary. I burnt that one and I wish I burnt the memory as well but they're some things in life we can't just forget.

A tear escapes my eye.

If this chapter could have a song then save your tears by the weekend would be it.. well the ending part though because the beginning wasn't so you know down cast but anyways thanks for reading and also don't forget to like and leave a comment so I can know your thoughts. Ciao for now ❤️.