156-160

Chapter 156

***

After two Days, at Duke Norman’s palace,

Hector got a report from Alistair, "Hmm . . so we need to get our hands on those weapons, the current situation is quite alarming . I didn’t expect the destructiveness of those ballistas to be so much . Just looking at that count and his arrogant behavior, I can guess they have stocked a huge amount of those runic ballistae projectiles for this war not to mention the other things that the count has hidden . The Battles at the Seas will be very gruesome just looking at the casualties . Maybe we should try attacking them from land as we will be more mobile while those ballistae won’t be mobile and it would be more effective . "

Alistair was quite surprised as he thought, ’It seems lord has started respecting Count John since it is the first time he addressed him as a Count with a respectful tone . I guess it is the consequence of the last battle . ’

Alistair laid out his plans, "Lord, the most likely scenario is that Count dispatching his ballistas on the castles . He has already built a big castle near the northern borders of Dolores . We would have to invade that castle to get our hands on those ballistas . The invasion would reveal our hand early on . I think we should wait . "

Prince Hector was quite frustrated as even Alistair needed time for a solid plan, Hector suggested, "Instead of such a big hassle, I can simply ask father for those ballistae and use it against that count . That count is quite dumb to have given those blueprints to the royal family so early in the war . What do you think Alistair?"

Alistair was quite happy with Prince Hector’s proposal as he dared not give this proposal to Prince Hector previously, He nodded aggressively as he suggested, "Yes we can certainly do that as Lord Lionheart’s goal has been achieved already after he got those blueprints from Count John . This would save a lot of our resources and men . Knowing from the navymen of Fjord’s fleet personally, this time it was a riot when Shannon faced Eric’s fleet . A lot of them have already deserted their navy . It is mostly those who faced that last battle . So it would be suicide for us if battle without any plans against those ballistas . This Time, Captain Shannon, had another plan and he was successfully able to acquire 2 ships from Duke Sapphire when another one of his units headed by Vice-Admiral Erin attacked them near the southern port . However, this was only achieved via their use of pirates . From my understanding, replicating those ballistae will take a lot of years since there are a lot of small parts that need precision and only a few craftsmen are capable of doing it . However, it is possible to replicate them . It isn’t 100% impossible . "

Prince Hector calmly took the information as he spoke, "Hmm . . . So Currently Duke Fjord is in possession of those Ballistae . I am sure we can’t engage that count in seas for sure because of the lethality, At least not until we get a remedy against those ballistas, Maybe we can try outnumbering them . "

Alistair agreed and nodded, "That Count’s Navy Admiral Blake made quite a show of Fjord’s fleet when they engaged . Most of the men were killed just like The royal family and Duke Fjord killed his men years ago . If we confront him directly in the seas, it would bring a lot of psychological burden to our men and many would flee even before the war starts . The Radiant Church has come to the same conclusion and has decided they will increase land warfare as much as possible . "

"Additionally, Blake’s men came to Eric’s rescue in the end moments and this is one of the reasons why they faced a complete wipeout . Blake was quite ruthless to Fjord’s men because of his past as a pirate and their grudge against the Royal family and Fjords . I think We can use this as a pretext to attack him politically . At the same time, the Royal family and the ministers too have a grudge and history against him because of his slave raids in the past . What do you think lord?"