151-155

Chapter 151

One of the knights on the vanguard ship spoke, "This will be a piece of cake for us . The very huge fleet of ours is enough to create fear and intimidate them . I am sure those men are pissing in their pants after watching this big fleet of ours and are only following orders because they are afraid of their superiors . "

Another Old knight spoke cautiously, "However we can’t underestimate them, I heard those ballistae have a range of around 350 meters and can do a lot of damage to ships . Last time one of the patrols suffered the same because they underestimated those ballistas . "

The young knight shrugged and spoke, "You are worrying for no reason, Old man . This time, we have the number superiority as well as the tactical superiority as we have ambushed them . They can’t possibly have anticipated this attack as this was a top-secret mission . I will make sure those guys feel the wrath of provoking knights of house Laguna . "

The Old knight sighed as he spoke, "This is your first war boy, you don’t understand anything . War is not something anyone can predict . A cornered rabbit is something we must be most wary of and that is the reason you don’t understand war . However, remain behind me kid or you will be consumed as cannon fodder . We have reached anyway, be ready and don’t be distracted . "

The vanguard soon reached the firing range of the Ballistas of Eric’s Fleet .

Sean roared and soon the sounds of fire began roaring in the whole area . The sea animals were scared after hearing the fire of ballistas as they made a distance for themselves . Even the usually aggressive Hydras were not approaching the area of battle .

The ballistas were fired indiscriminately by Eric’s men without a flinch . There was a lot of noise and passionate cheers coming from Fjord’s naval fleet when they were charging . In between, there was a lull as soon as the ballistae connected with the vanguard from both sides . There was a surprise from both sides as soon as the ballistas connected with ships . Apart from Eric and Sean, no one knew about the real firepower and range of these runic projectiles . There was a lull from Shannon’s fleet while Eric’s men burst into cheers as they felt hope for the first time after watching them .

The first ships that were hit by the ballistas were immediately set on fire because of the fire and wind magic on the projectiles . This was added by the fact that the mini-ballistas were fired with oil flasks latched on to them whenever a ship came near them .

The men in the ships hit by ballistas were scrambling for their lives while some were helping their mates who were already on fire .

One of the knights, who was previously very enthusiastic hoarsely spoke after watching one of his mates on fire, "What is this, I never thought we would be facing these kinds of monstrous weapons . What are these weapons? We never got a report on these weapons . "

This scene was taking place everywhere as they tried to save their men . Many died in the raging fires of these ruthless ballistas . Many private cabins of the officers were set on fire . It was chaos everywhere as one of the helmsman too caught fire when they were advancing .

The young knight looked with rageful eyes towards Eric who had a cold expression on his face as he gave orders to shoot the ships one by one without any stop .

Ads by Pubfuture
The knight took his sword and was about to charge into the sea when the old man held him back . "So, do you understand, what is war? You will die if you charge mindlessly . Remember we were the ones who tried to raid them, not the other way around . "

Eric didn’t even saw the young knight . For the first time the young knight felt helpless .

Eric was very eagerly watching Grim and Darius’s ship that was behind the vanguard .