146-150

Chapter 146

****

John spoke reading one of the reports from his spies, "It seems that the Royal family has decided and made their choice . It seems they still value the internal harmony and reduction of losses and hence their indirect support to Duke Fjord . I guess they have forced us this time around . This time they will see a war that was never witnessed in this continent . Taylor, from now on gather as much food as possible, even if it means buying at exorbitant prices from other domains, try making trade routes to the southern island of Elf kingdom as well . This time we can’t trust the Royal Family as they may go back on their deal . The way they are encouraging people to migrate here at North-Frontier town reflects that they will use food as big leverage from now on and wait for the perfect time to strike us when we are in need dire need of food . I am sure they too are planning for raids in secrets . That would mainly be internally on our Granaries I think . Anyway, Increase the security of the Granary . As for the Immigrants, we will take in more people, as our domain will need people in the future and this works to our benefit . The Royal Family is just behaving the way I expected them to . I guess they are easy to manipulate . "

Taylor nodded and added his position on the current matter, "Lord, it’s good that we can already make contacts with the elves because of Duke Sapphire . Their Nature magic with our Newest Technologies and farming techniques will increase agricultural production in our domain, manyfold . I will try to contact Elves on a personal level as well . When our biggest trade fleet travels there, I will send our naval fleet as well to protect them . "

John nodded, "Yes, it will be a big and good opportunity for us . We have to start making preparations for their arrival as said by Duke Sapphire . I hope to get their co-operation in exchange for Nature magic . I want this meeting to be a success . Make the best of our preparations which goes well with their local culture . If needed hire a man who is adept at Elvish culture in south . "

Taylor noted the requirements on a memo and spoke, "Yes, Lord . I will make sure that this meeting will be a success for us . "

****

Meanwhile, Ross read a letter which was addressed to him and spoke to Blake soon afterward, "Blake, you will have to leave for now and Join Eric at the eastern port . I hope you can report to Lord that we have found a lot of metal mines and some new types of mines that we are investigating currently . However, our biggest gain this time is the magic metal mine from our exploration this time around . Making ammunition, as well as our guns and Ballistae, would give us the best results with the magic metal . It is a piece of big news for our domain since war is near . I hope you can relay it to Lord personally . "

Blake nodded, "Well, that’s all okay, but what about those blue horses, I feel they will be our biggest assets in case of war . They are quite mobile in water as well as land .

"Hmmm . . . For the blue horses . We will keep them here . We are calling it Aurora Horses as they are the native of this island . You only need to report about them directly to Lord Taylor or Lord himself . Because I feel taking Aurora Horses to the mainland will expose their uniqueness and people will naturally be curious about them which will, in turn, expose this island and our base . I think we should keep them hidden . Make sure to make a gag order so that no one spills one bean about it . We will use these horses in the war for invasion as well as escape, additionally they will be great for kiting . "

Ads by Pubfuture
Blake asked confusingly, "What is kiting?"

Ross smiled and spoke, "A new term made by Lord . You will understand later on . "

Blake nodded even though he didn’t understand, "True, I too feel they would be our biggest assets in the war, they can tackle geographical advantages and are quite diverse with a lot of mobility compared to normal horses . Well I still need to know what is kiting . "