71-75

Chapter 71

Joseph thought about his quarrel with his grandfather who was against him permanently taking a position as he thought this would be suicidal if John didn't succeed at North-frontier City and he was putting all the eggs in one basket, however, Joseph felt he would be too late if he took a late decision . He was still glad that his father supported his decision however he too was against making such an early decision .

***

Joseph and Frank's discussion a few days ago,

Frank seriously said, "You do realize that if you move there so early you will be taking an early stand and all your interests would be aligned with John permanently, even though he is your friend you should take rational decisions when it comes to your future . If he falls then you would fall as well, at least wait till the passing of this winter disaster and then make a decision . You should already know that this year's winter is totally an eye of the storm at North-frontier town where a lot of people from the north will be involved and he would most probably be isolated by lords over there as most of them are aligned with Prince Hector .

Even I, as your father wouldn't advise you to take such a big risk and an early position . Though you may think that Vlad will help him, you don't know what he is thinking all the time, at one moment he may smile at you while he is stabbing you from the back . He has always been an odd character, we only have business interests with him right now and not a tight-knit relationship, it would be better to wait and understand them a bit and make your bets . "

Joseph said to Frank, "I think I need to take an early position or we will always remain business partners and not someone who can trust each other when it comes to sensitive matters whether it is John or Vlad . After thinking a lot I have made my decision as this would show my sincerity to them . This country would be at war in no less than 15 years when all the princes compete for the throne with each other and nobody knows what that madman Lukav might do if he chooses to participate in this spat between Dukes and Princes . We don't have any connections to Prince Felix . Our only backers are Marquis Ray and Duke of Southern Forest . I would rather trust on John who can become big, and if he succeeds then I too will succeed . "

Frank sighed and said to him, "Since you have made a decision I hope you don't regret it in the future . "

Frank smiled and continued, "Anyway, I will be fair to all of you brothers however your Grandfather would be quite mad . Well don't worry about him he has always been like that . This can be best as well as the worst decision for you . "

Joseph smiled and said to Frank, "Haven't you taught me already that risks and gains are always linked to each other whether you are conducting business or other ventures? And I truly feel that My close friendship with John will be helpful in the future, unlike the fake ones . And this decision of mine will further solidify our trust and express sincerity from my side . "

Frank nodded as he thought and said, "Since you have made your decision, I will accept it, the same was for your father when we brothers took our own decisions, however, you have to be prepared for conspiracies from your brothers and cousins, this happens to even today . Anyway, I will give the same advice to your brothers as well . "

Frank felt nostalgic and sad when he remembered how one of his brothers died to his blade in the past because of competition and power grab . It was either his death or his brother's death and in the end, he chose the latter .

'I hoped that this didn't end in a bloody massacre, however, I can't control everything . Maybe father thought the same when I made my decision years back . ' Frank thought irritatingly as he saw that Joseph had already made his decision .