-" Cliffs "- 🥀

This whole chapter is SPOILERS FOR MW3
TW: MCD, Mentions of Suicide
(I apologize in advance)

3rd Person PoV:

The cliffs of Scotland are quiet calm during the spring. Waves gently lap against the cliffs as a soft wind blows off of the cool water. There is a light mist sprays that drifts in the wind and sprays onto Ghost's tear soaked mask.

His feet shuffle close to the edge of the cliff and he peers into the sun on the horizon, the light blinding his dull, empty eyes. The grass is wet with dew that soaks the soles of his hiking boots.

His eyes gaze over the jagged cliffs and he breaks down into tears. Ghost takes off his mask and shoved it into hoodie's pocket, revealing a face only Soap had ever seen.

His eyes are red and puffy, his long, blond lashes soaked with tears. There was a prominent, thin stream down both of his cheeks. His eyes fill with tears once more, the voice of Soap echoing in the back of his mind.

"So you do like me?"

"I like you alive."

The blond chokes on his tears again, sniffling and coughing, his eyes blurring from crying so damn long. He sits along the edge of the precipice and lets his feet dangle. His gaze turns to look downward to where, just months before, he scattered Soap's ashes.

"I miss you Johnny... we all do." Ghost swallows hard and let outs out heavy breaths, clenching his jaw and burying his face in his palms, his feet still dangling over the cliff's edge.

"A little help's not so bad, eh Lt.?"

"Stay focused, Johnny."

"Just saying..."

"Keep it tactical, Sergeant."

"You were my everything, you know, it- it's hard without you." The Brit covered his face completely and kept crying, his voice getting hoarse and breaking from the overexertion.

"Missions aren't the same, we miss your enthusiasm and your little quips..." Ghost chuckled through the tears, his smile fading quickly as his mind kept echoing Soap's words back to him.

"But we're friends, no?"

"We're teammates... friendship's not in the field manual, Johnny..."

"I miss you more than anyone, Johnny... you were my glue..." Ghost blinked away more tears, the water drops plummeting and mixing in with the calm lake, mere ripples to the waves.

His eyes trail down to where the waves were lapping against the shore, hundreds of feet below him. Only thing he can think of is wanting to see Soap again, jumping would be painless, right?

He stood back up and almost went to step forward, but a sudden gust a wind almost knocked him on his ass, sending him stumbling backwards. A shiver ran down his spine as the air turned cold, then warm again.

"Johnny..?" Ghost speaks in a shakey voice, his hands quivering and his eyes pouring tears. He stands back up and swears a cold hand touches his shoulder.

"Stay frosty, Lt."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

IM SORRYYYY‼️ It was eating at my brain and it wouldn't leave, I will gift you with whiny bottom Ghost as an apology ❤️

Word Count: 517