Mask of Falsehood

Start from the beginning

BOOM

The sparring session continued, the sounds of combat echoing through the tranquil surroundings. Each exchange was a testament to their dedication and unwavering commitment to their roles. In this idyllic setting, they were not only training for physical combat but also strengthening the trust and camaraderie that bound them together as a team.

As the sun climbed higher in the sky, the training intensified, and Victor's determination burned brighter. He knew that the challenges of the supernatural world were ever-present, and he and his loyal companions needed to be prepared for whatever darkness might come their way.

Victor sheathed his katana, signaling the end of the intense training session. He took a moment to catch his breath and then turned to face his faithful companions, Baul, Modeus, Agni, and Rudra. His hood and mask concealed his expression, but the pride in his voice was unmistakable.

"Excellent work, guys," Victor began, his tone filled with genuine admiration. "Your skills continue to impress me, and you prove time and time again that you belong by my side in Devil May Cry. Your loyalty and unwavering dedication are invaluable to our cause."

"Thank you, My Lord" Baul, Modeus, Agni, and Rudra acknowledged his words with nods and bows. They had come a long way together, and the trust between them had grown stronger with every battle and training session.

Victor continued, "Remember that our mission is to protect the human world from the forces of darkness, and with each day, we become even more formidable. But never let complacency take hold. The supernatural world is full of challenges, and our journey is far from over."

He paused, letting the gravity of their responsibilities sink in. "For now, let's rest and regroup. We'll face whatever threats may come our way, united as a team. That's the essence of Devil May Cry."

Victor leaned back against the trunk of a large, ancient tree, its lush canopy providing welcome shade on a warm morning. He welcomed the brief respite from his rigorous training, allowing himself a moment to relax and reflect on the day's efforts.

As he settled into a comfortable position, Griffon gracefully descended and perched on Victor's shoulder. The majestic bird, with its feathers of deep blue and keen, piercing eyes, had been his trusted companion for many years. With a soft, rumbling squawk, Griffon greeted Victor, acknowledging the end of their training session.

"Good morning big boss. Today I bring news that will interest you" Griffon spoke up.

"What is that, Griffy? If it's not important then go and fly as far as possible, and don't come back again" Victor sighed.

"Damn, you kicked me away subtly, don't you? Okay, so here's the thing. This morning I found the bodies of a group of mountain bandits on the railroad track. Apart from the smell of blood, there was also the smell of coffee and tea," said Griffon.

"Are you trying to tell me that a group of mountain bandits tried to rob a train carrying crops? What's so interesting about that?" Victor's face was expressionless.

"Just listen until the end, I checked their bodies and found documents with the Major Corporate Alliance stamp," Griffon's next words actually triggered Victor, who at first wasn't interested at all. "What's in the document?"

.

.

.

(Author Note: because it is too long, I shortened the name Major Corporate Alliance to MCA)

.