chapter ten

*Oli's POV*

   I stitch Jennifer back up. I put ice in bags and place them all over her to bring down the swelling. She looks as if she is dead. I clean off the blood.
   I feel for a pulse. I find one but its very weak. Now is my chance. I sink my teeth into her shoulder, infecting her, making her mine.
   As the infection spread through her body, her wounds start to heal and she becomes flawless. Her wounds disappear and her skin is flawless.

   No scars, no wounds, nothing. I sit on the bed next to her, waiting for her to wake up. I sit there for what seems like days but its really just minutes.

   Soon, minutes became hours, hours became days, days became weeks. She is alive but not awake. Her mom has come and visited but she remains asleep.
   We try to wake her up with several tactics but fail. After 2 weeks of her beating, she wakes up. She wakes up kicking and screaming.
   I try to hold her down but she throws me against the wall. Sykes and Mika come in to hold Jennifer down. They are able to hold her down. I get up and look her in the eyes.

   I hold her head still first. "Jennifer, listen to me. You need to calm down. I know it hurts and its a new feeling for you but you need to calm down.", I say.
   She starts to calm down. "What's wrong with me? What happened to me?", she asks. Everyone just stares at me for an answer. "Well, she was beat to the edge of death.
   I had to do what I needed to do to save her life.", I say. Sykes put his hands on his face. "You turned her into a werewolf without consulting me.

   You broke a big rule in this pack, Oli.", Sykes says, trying to remain calm. "I'm sorry Sykes. What? Was I suppose to let her die knowing I could have saved her life with just one bite?", I ask.
   Mika turns to Sykes. "Sykes, he does have a point. Its his mate. He couldn't have let her die knowing theres a way to keep her alive. Yes, he didn't consult with you, WHICH he should have but didn't.
   She's one of us now. Get over it.", she says and walks out of the room, slamming the door as she exit. Sykes looks at me and walks out but he doesn't slam the door.

   I crawl on the bed next to Jennifer. "Are you alright?", I ask. She looks up at me. "I'm a werewolf? But how and why? And I'm your mate?", she starts asking questions.
   "Well, you nearly died so I bit you, infecting you. I did it because you were dying and I couldn't let you die knowing I could have saved you. You are my mate.
   I have searched every town I moved into. When I came here, I found you. My mate.", I explain. She sits up and looks straight at the wall.

   "So, we are meant to be together?", she asks. I take a deep breath. "Yes.", I say. She continues staring at the wall but a smile crept on her face.
   "Why are you smiling?", I chuckle. She looks at me. I just melt. Her smile is beautiful. "Because. I have waited for this.
   I wanted to be with you but didn't know how to approach the situation.", she says. I smile and pull her onto my lap. I look into her eyes and lean in...