Chapter 31: Trapped

Start from the beginning

"So the minion is here without his master."

Narong stiffened at the insult. "Either you are incredibly brave or rather foolish, to think you are in a position to taunt me."

Milan let out a husky laugh, "Come on. Do you think I came here unprepared? I have several videos of you harassing Kris. If I am unable to safely return to my room, the videos will be automatically uploaded to the university website."

Cold sweat beaded Narong's forehead. "You are lying!"

"It is up to you to take that risk. Should those videos come out, it will be detrimental to you. Rawat will hardly be implicated. Do you think he would help you then?"

Narong hesitated. If what P' Milan said was true, he was in deep trouble.

Milan watched the warring emotions in Narong's eyes. Just a tiny push would be enough to topple Narong's remaining self-confidence.

Milan let out a provocative whistle. "So, the hunter has become the hunted. Handover the money."  

Narong punched the air in frustration before taking out the envelope from his jacket and tossing it at Milan.

"I don't care what enmity exists between you and my cousin. Just take the money and keep your trap shut. I should have never involved myself in Rawat's nefarious schemes. Help me take revenge on P' Milan, he told me. And I shall reward you with riches beyond your dreams."

Milan caught the envelope smoothly, though his face paled considerably. "What does Kris have to do with me? Rawat could have come at me straight."

"That's not how he works. He wishes to torment you through your mentee, the one you are supposed to support and guide. He has already done the same to P' Danish."

Milan was stumped. "So, you mean Patty's incident was not an accident?"

Narong shook his head wryly and let out a short laugh. "Worked, didn't it? There is an unrepairable rift between P' Danish and his mentee now. Unfortunately, Rawat's name was brought up in all this mess. So now he has chosen to remain in the shadows."

"You had the video of Kris's confession. Why did you choose to blackmail him instead of releasing it?"

Narong chuckled with delight, "Rawat decided it would be far more enjoyable to bed him before destroying him."

Milan fisted his hands in anger. "That goes beyond petty revenge."

"Nothing is petty for Rawat. Even though you have chosen to take the money and walk away. Kris will be paying for your deeds. How will you face your mentee after we are done with him? How will your conscience allow you to live in peace?"

"My conscience is hardly your concern," stated Milan with gritted teeth.

Narong enjoyed the flash of temper in Milan's eyes. Amused, he studied his enemy's growing discomfort. It was then that he noticed the mic sticking out from under Milan's shirt.

"It's a setup. Kill him!" shrieked Narong before dashing away.

Milan barely had time to follow Narong's line of sight. Seeing the dislodged mic, he swore profusely even as he swung his arms at the nearest goon.

Danish and Niam raced to the sounds of fighting, intent on rescuing their heavily outnumbered friend. They punched and kicked their way through the goons that were still attacking an unconscious Milan. Rachel arrived not long after with paramedics in tow.

......................................................................

Niam stormed into the Student Council Room, his clothes wrinkled and eyes bloodshot from having spent the night on an unyielding chair in the waiting room of the hospital they had rushed Milan to. Without a word, he tossed a pendrive on P' Day's desk.