The Scent

James' Mate POV

I have been running for ages now, I still haven’t figured out where to go. So I decided to go and check the edges of the territories. I was just checking the last one and couldn’t find it anywhere. I was getting really excited knowing my mate could have found it. Who am I kidding it would have blown away.

I was just walking away when I heard a loud growl. I’m in deep shit now. I knew I shouldn’t have come so close at this time of night. I turned around to find another wolf but in their human form.

"You’re trespassing."

"Actually I’m not in your area. I was just checking to see if my gift was still here."

"What gift? I have never seen you before."

"That’s because this is the first time another of our kind has seen me in a long time." This guy was really starting to get on my nerves.

"I am sorry but I am going to have to take you to the Alpha. He doesn’t like when rouges come this close to his territory." With that he grabbed my arm and started dragging me behind him.

"You know for a wolf I thought you would have shifted to get away from me."

"I’m not like a lot of wolfs. I have a tough life and am always sore, so I don’t want to fight unless I absolutely have to." I didn’t get a reply instead he tied me to a tree, for me to discover that the Alpha was already there. I hope he doesn’t kill me but if that means I don’t have to go back to Joe and Jim I would be happy.

"Where did you find him John?"

"He was on the out-skirts Alpha." So his name was John.

"Hmm. Come here. John un tie him." Once John untied me I went over to their Alpha.

"What pack are you from? And why are you running away?"

"I’m not from a pack; I have not been in a pack since my parents died. The Alpha of that pack put me up for adoption and I didn’t like those parents so I ran away." I decided to tell him the truth instead of lie. Nothing good would come out of that.

"Hmm, ok. I am not going to kill you because I have smelt your scent before, and I can’t bring myself to for some reason. But what was the name of your former pack?" Well that was good news I guess.

"Thank-you. It was Dry Wood pack Alpha." I wonder what he was going to do with me seeming he won’t kill me.

"Ok, I will get in contact with your former Alpha and get him to come and get you. Unless you want to stay in my pack. We could use a healthy wolf like you." Well I would prefer to be part of his pack because my former Alpha banished me.

"I would prefer to stay with you. My old Alpha banished me because he didn’t want memories of who he couldn’t protect." By his facial expression he seemed pleased with that.

"I will get you an apartment for you to live in. You will be required to go to school as well." With that he walked off. I followed behind, wanting to get away from the forest. We walked for ages. They must have a huge territory if their forest was this big. I wonder where I’m going to be staying while he gets me an apartment.

After an hour we were outside of an apartment block.

"This is where you will be staying. You can pick the one you want and it’s yours. I will have you enrolled in school by tomorrow and you will be expected to be there before nine. If you cannot than I will send my son over to get you." With that he walked off.

James POV

My dad has been gone for a while now. He had to go and sort out some business. Apparently there was a wolf near our territory. I hope everything is ok and wonder if he killed them or what he did. We haven’t had one of these for a while now so it was pretty exciting for us. The last time this happened she left her pack in search of her mate. She is now part of our pack. She mated with dad beta John. They now live in a small town house and Jess his mate, are pregnant with their first pup.