Marking

Chapter 4-

Max POV

What am I doing? I can’t believe I am going to actually confront her. This is the first time I have ever seen her. What about James. What’s he gonna think, he is meant to be going on a date with her this Friday. I hope he understands. Well he has to understand she is my mate not his. He can’t have her. He will have to find his mate because I’m not sharing.

“Hello, how are you?” Chloe said as I approached. She is blushing that makes her look so much more beautiful.

“I’m mighty fine, how about you?” Yes that’s it max play it cool. I kept repeating over gain in my head.

“I’m not too sure actually,” she replied shyly biting her bottom lip. OMG that is so hot. I hope she doesn’t do it again at school though or might have to take her here and now.

“Oh, well that’s no good. So you got a favourite colour? I would imagine that a beautiful girl like you would have to have a favourite colour.” I said with a flirty grin on my face. I don’t know why I needed to put that on though, if she is my mate she would be attracted to me as it is. She wouldn’t car about what I said, unless it was mean or about another girl.

“Yea I have, but how bout I tell you another time.” With that she stood up and started to walk away. She can’t really be doing this. Wait no she just said we would have to meet again. I quickly ran up to her and grabbed her wrist spinning her around to face me.

“Um sorry I was just wondering if I could have your number so we could catch up some time.”

“Oh yea I guess that’s ok. You just call me and I will save your number then ok.” She put her number into my phone as fast as she possible could and walk off to her friends again.

On my way back over to James I couldn’t get the goofy grin off of my face. But if you just got your mates number how would you react? Just the same as I am now. I could see James watching me as I walked over to him. I really need to tell him he can’t go on that date with Chloe, he better understand or this isn’t going to end well.

James POV

I watch Max as he walked off. He didn’t even tell me where he was going, but it didn’t take long to figure it out. He was going to see Chloe his mate. I envy him at the moment he gets to live knowing who his mate is where I have known idea who mine is. I hope she is beautiful, what am I kidding of course she would be beautiful she would be my mate. I hope I can still go on my date with Chloe on Friday; I have been waiting for that day all week.

When I saw Max start walking back I could help but feel a little jealous he has someone to love for the rest of his life and I don’t.

“Hey, what did you just go and do Max?”

“I went over and spoke to Chloe. Oh and got her number.”

“Cool, well you’re lucky to have such a beautiful mate,”

“Yea I know. Oh and do you mind not going on that date with her Friday. As she is my mate and not yours.”

“Um yea, yea I guess,” well that’s a bummer I can’t go on a date with her. How am I going to tell her this? Pft he probably wouldn’t want to go on it anymore knowing that Max is hers. Oh well better tell her anyway. I hope I find my mate soon.

Don’t worry we will find our mate soon enough’

I love it when my wolf comforts me in times like this.

In the last lesson of the day Chloe and max would constantly pass notes, sometimes they would bring a smile to close face. Vice versa. I wonder if Max knows of any good parties this weekend. I will have to ask him. He wouldn’t have gone to a party for a while since he has been away.